8/30 Grandpa was 171 at PMPS.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Hi all. The old guy is still registering high numbers, but his respiration is fine. Yay!

My new theory is instead of adjusting his treatment, I'll just keep adjusting the testing equipment I use until we find meter/strip combo that throws only blues and greens. JUST KIDDING! I feel that way since I just ordered some Insulinx strips to try in my AT meter to join the AT strips and PetSure strips we already have. If those don't work, I could pull out a couple human meters. I'm thinking I may have a problem here.

So, Grandpa's been hearing his buddies around here talking about beaches and surfing and lagoons. He asked me to buy him a Speedo in case he gets to go, but I told him we need to ask these nice people what he needs to do to get there. If anyone can explain these to him, he'd be really happy.

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I’m so glad to hear he’s feeling better!!! Give him some head bumps and gentle scritches from “Aunty Lucy” ! Super Seniors rock! :cat:

Much love. :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

It's a "natural beach" so no Speedos .

Sounds like you have a meter/strip addiction, are you in need of an intervention??

4. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Speedos? So previous century.:oops:

I'm with L. Super seniors absolutely rock. :cat:

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Beck and Philly

What can I say? He's a real Renaissance man.

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:D

b92e2b669971dfe6a99aa3839c0ecdc9--animal-funnies-funny-animals.jpg

8. Beck and Philly

I just opened today's AT strip delivery to find not two packs of 50 strips but two new AlphaTrak 2 meters! So we're at a grand total of five meters and five brands of strips.

Time to start the return process.

On another note, Grandpa is in the blue!

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Grandpa :woot: :woot: :woot: Blue :cool: :cool: :cool: Elmo says rock on fellow Super Senior :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beck and Philly and Squalliesmom like this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Where are you ordering from?

11. Beck and Philly

20180830_201729.jpg
    ADW. It was actually a good deal so I'm keeping one of the meters since I was out of AT strips and there are 25 in the box. It was $42 for the meter, 25 strips, three bags of lancets, and the control solution. I figured if I bought the lancets and strips separately it would come up to about $40 making the meter practically free.

Plus, it comes with a cute kitten.

20180830_201141.jpg

12. Beth 73

Oh my gosh...oh my gosh ... it’s a cutie peetooty overload :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. Thank you for sharing your babies, Beck :) :bighug:

13. Beth 73

Beck , must hear back story on these Little Grandpas :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

14. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Wait... Are there 3 kittens??

15. Olive & Paula

Looks like 3 to me. Well I feel cheated. My delivery this week did not have a kitty.

Beth 73 likes this.
  16. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I agree! I had to go buy my kitten separately LOL. Is this a promo code???

Mandy & Rex (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  17. Beck and Philly

There are actually four. We feed a feral colony and made the tough decision awhile ago to release a female that we had trapped to spay because we saw she had little ones. If we had taken her away, they would either have starved or froze. So now those kittens have had kittens and we need a game plan before spring to trap and spay them all.

A couple months ago I went to feed them and found three babies laying near the feeding station. I guess I frightened the mama away. I heard another one crying. If I would've left the babies there, they would've grown up to have more next year so I took them. We bottle fed them. A couple weeks later I found the fourth laying in the same place. She was hypothermic so I went straight to the vet. She was touch and go, but she made it.

We named them after rock stars that have passed away, so they are our rock star tribute group.
    Bowie, Joplin, Prince, and Petty.

Attached Files:

18. Beth 73

They are precious ... and you are wonderful !!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

We absolutely loves those kitty pics, huge hugs to Grandpa. The kittens are precious, but so is he!