8/4 Fritz AMPS +7 293 +11 321 PMPS 351 +5.5 310

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DebG, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Finally made my way back here.
    This is a crazy busy time for us.
    Fritz was doing great and all of a sudden his numbers are going up:banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh:
    I took him off the Zyrtec and Zofran wondering if that could be contributing to the yucky numbers.
    I even tried to taper back the oral pred dose. (As soon as I did that his breathing changed so I stuck with the current dose.This AM I took him up to 10.5u because I will be home the next few days and can monitor.

The weird part about all of this is his breathing is great the clear nasal drainage stooped and the eye drainage stopped. Just yesterday the nasal and eye drainage appeared.

How long can you keep them on Zyrtec? If Zyrtec and Zofran weren't causing the yuky numbers what is??????

I'll give it some time and if the numbers don't start coming down back into the vet clinic we go for blood work and an examine.
    I would appreciate any input I can get from all of you!
    I have been researching and read that krill oil and curcumin can help with inflammation so I will be calling food fur as I saw an interesting article wrote by them for any suggestions and which brands are the best and how to administer etc.

Have a great day everyone! I have really missed my daily visits and reading all the posts about you and our fur babies!!!!:bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Fritz's numbers have started getting higher. It's good to hear his breathing is great and his drainage has stopped. I'm not sure how long you can safely give Zyrtec or Zofran. You may want to ask in your subject line.

It's good to see an update. I was wondering how you and Fritz were doing.

DebG likes this.
  3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Deb!

I haven't really seen anything that says how long you can give Zofran and/or Zyrtec. Since they are both human medications, I doubt there is any literature about it. I'd ask your vet, but if you think they are helping him feel better, I'd keep giving them.

When was Fritz's last dental? Could there be something going on in his mouth?

DebG likes this.
  4. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

His last dental check up was 2 months ago said everything looked great. I'll have to schedule an appt as I want to discuss with the vet what was discovered on a stay when I had a follow up from his pneumonia.It showed trachea narrowage. I'd liked to see if they should x ray his throat and nasal area and his ears. It's always something with these fur babies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.