8/4 Scooter still not eating

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Scooter, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/scooter-not-eating-again.217695/#post-2419148

Scooter is still not eating. He has sniffed at food and shown more interest today. There were several times I just knew he was going to take a bite. He’d put his mouth close to the food and sniff several times, but then he’d just walk away. He hasn’t been doing the lip licking which makes me think he’s not as nauseous as he was. I’m still syringe feeding him. I don’t know how much I’m getting in him. We’re both wearing some and he shakes his head and some winds up everywhere, but I’m getting some in him. I will get him to the vet tomorrow. I’m going to ask for the pancreatitis test and some Ondansetron. Hopefully I’ll get what I want.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m sorry he’s not eating. Have you tried Gerbers baby food? It was my go to food when Max wouldn't eat and sometimes it worked. If you can take him for a cerenia shot tomorrow morning it seems to work better asa jump start. Then you can use the pills at home. You can give tge shots at home but they sting so I just didn’t have the heart to use it. If it is pancreatitis I can take awhile for pancreatitis to go away if that’s what this is so if the pills work you may need to give it for awhile. If ondansetron works you may need to give it 3 times a day. Max only got it twice a day but he was a large cat so needed a larger dose.

I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

3. Jill & Scooter

I have tried baby food. He has really liked the ham when he’s had these spells before, but he won’t touch it this time. I sure hope the vet can figure out something to make him eat tomorrow. He’s always gone back to eating at least something within a day before. Thanks for all your help!

4. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

So sorry to hear, Jill. I hope Scooter starts eating something soon, and that the vet will provide some answers (and will do what you are asking!).

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

When was his last dental? Bad breath? Have you tried the liver shake? Have you any Hills a/d? See if you can get some from vet if you don't have any. Are you leaving food out? (Free feeding).

Box is ready to ship. Will run to the post office at lunch :bighug:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  7. Jill & Scooter

He’s due for a dental, but doesn’t have bad breath or act like his teeth are bothering him. I need to get it done but I don’t think that’s what’s going on. He acts very nauseous. I do have Hills a/d. He won’t eat it.
    Thanks Lizzie!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers to Scooter, come on eat your food

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you get help from the vet !! Sending positive vibes for little Scooter! :bighug::bighug:

10. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Hi Jill, (@Jill & Scooter)
    Scooter is being sent lots of warm thoughts and feel better prayers from me :bighug:. Everything is going to be ok :cat: :bighug:
    Muah,
    Nelli and Krystina

11. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Thoughts & prayers your way!:bighug:

12. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

I really hope he eats soon. Sending hungry vibes!

13. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh goodness I hope he eats soon!

14. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Scooter....please eat your fuds! Sending lots of appy vines!
    Is it possible that he has a cold or allergies and is stuffed up and can't smell the food and therefore it's not appetizing to him?
    Or maybe try tuna or tuna juice?