8/5 Sushi: AMPS ~342|+2 ~270|+4 ~307

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14), Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14)

Sushi (GA 5/05-3/14) Member

Hi!
    Here we are again, with a whole new batch of questions. Here's our history so far:
    Hi! Our Story + LOTS of questions! : ) Mon Aug 1
    In danger of hypo? Wed Aug 3
    So I've been testing; I'm trying to do a good thorough curve* today. I've done some more reading and research, so I have a better (but not complete!) understanding of how to interpret our results. I have a spreadsheet set up here. Our schedule** was thrown off yesterday as I had to leave town at 2pm and didn't return until 11pm. Schedule changes are one of my hugest questions and challenges, but let's take one thing at a time.
    **Normal Schedule -
    5-6u [AM] 6:45-7ish [PM] 5:30
    My main concern at the moment is why/how did he go from 270 to 307? Shouldn't his BS be going DOWN right now? Thoughts? Interpretations? Advice?

Other questions:
    - *How do you do a thorough curve? Test every 2 hours, right?
    - What a curve for a normalized cat look like?
    - What should BS be before insulin in a normalized cat?
    - How much of a change from hour to hour or injection to injection is too drastic? It would be too drastic if I gave Sushi a big ole dose in an attempt to drop him from 342 to 120, right?

Thank you!!!

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

ashley, i'm gonna answer your questions on your post on the lantus forum, just to keep it in one spot.

great job getting going with the ss and the testing! wahoo! you're on your way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.