8/6 KT - AMPS 432 - Humulin N - SS updated

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Squeaky and KT (GA), Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I THINK I'm really supposed to post this here under the Humulin N heading so, rather than 'Health', I'll try here today. It sure does look like not much goes on in this house anymore but KT and I just moved in - hopefully we'll still find a 'landlord' here... :D

KT's BG this morning was 432. I did a curve yesterday as best my home situation would allow but wasn't able to do test after PM shot - DH's mutant gene was actin' up badly yesterday....%$#$%%$@#$ I shot shallow 1.0 this morning. After the tests yesterday, his little ears are tender so don't plan to test until PMPS. I've updated my spreadsheet.

MY QUESTIONS TODAY -

1) was the shallow 1.0u the right way or should I have done a .75u?

2) SHOULD I test about 4+ where the previous green numbers were?

Thanks!!!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would have shot 1 vice 3/4 unit. It would be nice to test at about +4. However, with all the recent ups and downs I would try to get get two days or so at a constant does before increasing.

3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Larry, I'm not sure I understand - should I have stayed with .75 instead of 1? Or was 1 the way you would have chosen also?

THANK YOU!!!

4. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

I would stick with 1 unit for a couple of days -- testing before each shot - only shoot if over 200. Test at about 4 or 5 hours after the injection.

1 unit is easier to measure consistently than 3/4 or thin 1u.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.