8-7-18 Jones AMPS 256, +8 238 PMPS 333 Gooey Poo!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Previous

Jones is doing well on his OTFJ diet. He hasn't had any gooey poos for awhile now. If anything we may have things swing too far onto the opposite side. He had a very hard, dried out nugget the other day in front of me (as I just scooped the LB :rolleyes:). Will be watching for that as it will mean we get to go down on dose for some meds.

Insulin wise, I took him up to .75u and it looks like he may need a touch more but I like the direction in the last few days. More insulin and less IBD inflammation seems to helping these numbers. The high AMPS are still kind of shocking for me but we will work through that.

He seems to feel better at least. We are going back into another very hot week :nailbiting:. Hope that doesn't affect him too badly.

Vines for all those in need...safe surf kitties!

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear Jones is doing better. I'm sending vines in hope he continues!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice. We can't get rid of the higher PS either. As long as the rest of the cycle is good I'm okay with that. Some day the PS will hopefully follow suit.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to hear the new diet is helping Jones. I hope he doesn't get constipated.

5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

So glad you've seen some improvement with Jones. Vines that he'll continue heading that direction.

6. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Jones is doing better! What is OTFJ?!

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Hi Sean..how are you doing? Only Turkey for Jones.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Sean & Rufus likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

There was a big gooey poo this afternoon. I was afraid that the few bites of kitties chicken food might upset our balance and I think it did. It is either that or the olive oil I cooked the turkey chunks in.

Uggg...hope this is short lived. May explain these high numbers.

9. Sean & Rufus

Ugh, I hope he bounces back soon. How are his teeth doing? Not sure if I remember how that dental went?

Funny thing, Rufus LOVES turkey. Like that's the one protein I can get him to eat at any time. Of course, that's the protein that gives him all of his issues :(

We're going to the Internal Med vet on the 22nd. We *might* start Bude. I really, really don't want to. I'm scared we'll have to get back on insulin. I just dont know what else to do at this point.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking as I was wondering too.

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Good. Since the dental he has been eating better than he has in 2 years. I should of gotten it done sooner, that broken tooth must of hurt.

I will have to put the info in his signature what the diet is. It is our last ditch attempt to get the IBD under control. He loves chicken and pork and those two things just seem to set him right off. So we are doing only turkey which means Rawz Turkey and Nature's Variety (which does have a pea protein - I pick out the peas but there is still pea protein). He went from diarrhea every day (gross stinky stuff), looking miserable to solid poops (accept today) and he has started to groom again. After 2 weeks we are to report back to the vet and do a weigh in. If he stopped losing weight great! We may start reducing his meds back down to his previous doses - slowly!

Rabbit is the other one she wants to try so he has two proteins to pick from if they work.

12. Sean & Rufus

Awesome!! Fingers crossed! I have a case of rabbit that rufus used to eat but won't anymore. I think because he associates with nausea. Wish i could get to you for Jones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.