8/8 Luci AMPS 299,2+ 208,4+175,5+161,9+188,PMPS 297,2+191, 8+74,10+370- Bat in the house!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - Another candy episode for Luci - and then the lagoon!

Sorry this is so late - we were sick since last night - and all day today :(

Got a new vaccine yesterday for shingles (Shingrix) Had no idea the side effects were profound - we woke up around 1:30 with severe chills, feverish - freezing! Felt achy and sick...the flu? Nope...the vaccine.:arghh:

Then went for a minor surgery this afternoon - now back at home resting and catching up a little before I go to bed...

And Luci has been an angel today - No Candy! No Sharks! :rolleyes: Thank you Luci for taking it easy on mama today :cat::cat:

Luci had some excitement last night - a bat got in and was flying all around:eek::eek: - I hid out in the bedroom! :facepalm: But Luci was on patrol with DH the whole time running up and down the stairs chasing the poor critter. :eek: Finally DH caught it and held it gently using welders gloves - that bat was really upset that the fun was over - and he was released outside - back into the night! :smuggrin:

I don't think I can take any more excitement today!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Exciting! BTW - I've heard that about the new shingles vaccine from several people.

3. Sue and Luci

If I'd know it was that severe I would have postponed that vaccine...had the surgery scheduled...and I drug myself down there - appointments are too hard to come by for that to have to cancel/reschedule...I wonder if Part 2 is as bad as the first one? I sure hope not!

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sue, maybe that bat heard you’re serving up peanut butter cups !!! Hope u feel better quickly ... I’ve been procrastinating on getting that shot but it sounds mean :woot:

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your reaction to the shingles vaccine. I had it about 15 yrs ago but never had any side effects. Hope you feel better and good to hear the bat got out ok.

6. Sue and Luci

Probably! We always have something exciting going on here, huh?

When you get the shot, plan on feeling awful about 12 hours later. And it lasts for about 18 hours - thankfully not longer! We're both starting to feel human again...just didn't realize it was going to be so severe :(

7. Sue and Luci

Yes, I did too...about 5 years ago - piece of cake! But this is the new one - Shingrix. It's more effective than the old one - unfortunately more potent too...something in it causes an intense immune response! I guess I have a really good immune system...at least that's what I was reading...better your immune system = sicker you get (oh joy!)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.