8/9 Aurora dental question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole Z, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone

I took Aurora for a dental on Tuesday. For some reason, her teeth build tarter quickly, she just had them cleaned 8 months ago!
    Anyways, my mind is mush and I'm not sure if I told you guys about 4 weeks ago, she jumped up on the bed early in the morning and peed on my comforter. This is NOT like her so I took her in right away that night and they gave her a convenia antibiotic shot. Unfortunately she went pee right before I got her in the carrier and missed getting a sample and her bladder wasn't full enough to safely get a needle sample.
    Ok....so Tuesday is the dental. She came home and was starving ate really well multiple times that night. Yesterday AM she seemed out of it, eyes were big and didn't want her breakfast which is NOT like her. Aurora is always ready to eat. Last night she ate some but not her usual self. This morning, same thing, big eyes and didn't really want breakfast. I did check her sugar and she was 78 on the Relion so normal. I called the vet and I'm taking her back tomorrow at 430. Her recent labs 4 weeks ago all normal. She did NOT have any teeth extractions. I noticed they gave her another convenia shot, not sure for what...maybe to prevent infection from the dental? I'll ask tomorrow.
    Any ideas why she would be acting like this and not hungry?

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and hugs :bighug: This is definitely a puzzle ... wish I could be more help :bighug: Will be interested as to what others have to say.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I would ask why they gave her another convenia shot without getting your approval first. I wonder if she could be in some kind of pain with the big eyes and not eating well. :bighug::bighug:

beggargirl likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the convenia but sending vines to Aurora and these to you Nicole! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. When I got home yesterday she seemed much better. There was a big poop in the litter box so I winder if her tummy was hurting. Her appetite returned and she ate all of her dinner and evening snack. Just gave breakfast and she ate a ton and wanted me to brush her. Thank goodness. I was sure worried! Thanks everyone for the vines!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Aurora is doing better today. Sending prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.