8/9 Govie help..not eating

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

I don't think she's doing real good since last Thursday's vet visit. I had her yesterday to the women's Humane Society because I thought I had to put her down but she gave her subcutaneous fluids because she was dehydrated, and we came home because planning to do blood work Friday. But she's not eating and now she's throwing up and has diarrhea I don't know how to get food in her just too much to list here I just need help to know I did not shoot because I don't think I'm supposed to shoot if she's not eating yesterday morning was 148 an evening was 203

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You can assist feed using an oral syringe. You would mix up a thin consistency of food and water. It will have to be thin. You would shoot the food slowly in side of mouth. Rx A/D food is good for this. Since there is diarrhea dehydration can happen very quickly. Did they give any meds to you to give? You might need to take her back if it's a new symptom. Something is brewing. Offer any food she will eat, don't worry about carbs at this time, you can adjust insulin around it. It's important to get food in so you can give insulin. DKA can happen so quickly and require an expensive hospitalization. Lack of insulin, food and infection can create DKA. Vet needs to be on top of it and aggressive in treatment.

Ter and Sally likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Karen, I don’t have expertise far as shot/no shot but I would recommend getting a 1/8 teaspoon SEB dissolved in water , slowly syringe in side of mouth . Just make sure no other oral meds given within 2 hours of SEB. Sending mega healing prayers to Govie and peace for your heart :bighug:

4. Govies mom (Karen)

5. Govies mom (Karen)

I am going to take her as soon as my friend gets done work. It's time its killing me but I can't have her Suffern

6. Olive & Paula

Slippery elm bark. I've never used it so I don't know where to even buy it. Some say you can get it at health food store.

7. Olive & Paula

8. Beth 73

Slippery Elm Bark can be purchased at Wal Mart in capsules that you then empty to fill a 1/8 teaspoon and you can find it at health food stores . It soothes and coats the GI tract .

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't think you should shoot if she isn't eating anything.

Outside of that, sending healing vines for Govie to feel better. It sounds like she has something going on in her tummy. I hope you can get her to the vet soon. It sounds like she needs some cerenia and maybe some antibiotics. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Govies mom (Karen)

No Tracy, I had her there yesterday I got to 4:45 appointment today for her to go over the rainbow Bridge forgive me for not going into too much detail as I I'm trying to speak these words through tears I cannot have her suffering

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Karen. I didn't realize it was that bad. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

13. Beth 73

14. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that Govie has not been doing well.
    Please know that I am thinking about you two today :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and sending vines and prayers!

16. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

17. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for all to be gentle for both of you.:bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.