8/9 Neko +11 441(R) PMPS 437 +1 473 +2 451 +9 125 +10 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday, bean's angst.

Neko got me hopeful in the wee hours with a brief glimpse of yellow, but she couldn't hold it for AMPS. Sigh! One more cycle to see if the juice was a factor then on to the next strategy. Remember Neko, we have plenty of juice in the fridge and even R - don't make me use it!

She's eating fairly well today. No messes to clean up around her mouth and she does seem slightly less chipmunk cheeked today. Though with the fur shave there, it's hard to tell for sure. Best of all - no teeth grinding! :) Which is supposed to be a sign of pain. And I haven't noticed any difficulty when she grooms. We have today and tomorrow on bupe TID before going back to BID on Tuesday. I'm going to try Sandy's idea of testing around bupe doses to see what it does to her numbers.

Happy Sunday everyone. Looks like a good day for helicoptering over here. I'm not sure how I feel about celebrating today - but it is 3 years since her last SRT (stereostatic radional therapy) treatment and she's still here and purring.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I so understand this feeling about the anniversary. It does sound like she is starting to feel better so hopefully the BG numbers will follow. Just my possibly wrong observation around this board but I think I'd feel better about the higher numbers given what she went through last week than I would if she was low. Remember how long it took her and Max too to recover from the dental last time? :bighug::bighug:

3. Wendy&Neko

Her higher numbers started before the dental. She first hit reds the night before surgery. I was expecting higher numbers for a bit afterwards, like last time. I just worry so much about her already compromised kidneys. :( And she's probably got glucose toxicity by now too. But I know what you mean about lows too.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Neko seems to be doing better. It will take some time for her to heal. I hope her numbers come down soon. :bighug::bighug:

5. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that you will see better numbers soon. I am hoping this all has to do with her teeth. It's so hard when you don't know what is going on with them. Celebrate anyway
    she is still with you.:)

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

3 years anniversary of her srt is amazing! I would absolutely celebrate it! If you hadn't done the srt you would likely not have her here with you today. So celebrate!!!!

Glad to see that yellow last night, too.

I'm not sure of any good reason you would need to wait to try the R now. You've started the new cartridge and she didn't plummet. R can last a little longer in an iaa kitty, but you think her iaa has broken, right? At any point post-nadir you could try the 0.1u, which is pretty unlikely to do anything, but I would go through the step anyway.

Then test hourly for the following 4 hours. I'm mostly around today if you want to try it, although you certainly know how to handle low numbers if they show up.

Shoot me an email if you want to give an R trial today.

And hang in there, you'll be able to get these numbers down.

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy :coffee::coffee::coffee:

It is good to read that Neko is doing better today. I too would celebrate the SRT Anniversary, it was such a milestone. Hugs to you and Neko today.

8. Wendy&Neko

Thanks @julie & punkin (ga) , I'll test mid afternoon around bupe time and see where she is then. Her nadir wanders all over but if I see her going back up I'll let you know. This is also 6 cycles at this dose so I was thinking of increasing tonight if no action. But I have at least 5 hours after preshot before she nadirs so plenty of time for R to go in and be done. FYI - it's Humulin R. Not sure if I should do both an increase and R in the same cycle. Though I too am not expecting .1R to to require HC from these heights.

As for IAA, she did get down to less than 1U so I'm pretty sure it's gone. It would be odd for it to just start up again, though who knows, and I'm not seeing that pattern in her SS.

And the rest of you have convinced me I should break out the catnip for Neko again in celebration.:)

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely celebrate this anniversary! Not only is she still with you, she has felt much better because of the treatment. Another one of Zener's sayings was when we were fretting about a vet visit, he said to Anne, "Whatever it is, it will be ok." Hugs to you, Wendy.
    Liz

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I'd celebrate too! She is still with you and is getting better. We've been so relieved since we started using R, the Ls just aren't good at bringing down the high numbers. I wish we didn't have to use it so often, but it keeps Tess in much better numbers for the most part.

11. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I'm with Julie on this. Your little girl deserves celebrating; she's amazing, you know. So, Wendy, are you. A glitch, right now. Yes, of course. And a scarey one. But that shouldn't diminish the celebration. Goodness, I'll throw some catnip around here in celebration of Neko's three year anniversary. She's eating, purring, grooming. Hang on to the positives.

And catch the vines, light, and prayers that continue flowing from here to there...for Neko. For you.

Marilyn and Polly

12. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Crack out the catnip and definitely celebrate Neko's anniversary. Hopefully this is just a temporary blip that she will overcome. :bighug:. Glad to hear that she's feeling and acting better.

I'm with Julie on using the R, it can do a marvellous job in pulling those high numbers down, wouldn't be without it now for Crystal. Go for it!

13. Wendy&Neko

That +8 is just before her afternoon bupe. Going to test an hour later to try out Sandy's theory on pain. She would normally go down some anyway until +9, the question is how much.

14. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Add my vote to those recommending celebrating the anniversary. That date brought you all this additional time with Neko, and no matter what the future holds. I know you are grateful for that. Catnip all around!

15. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

What everyone else said! celebrate the anniversary. Hopefully the R will help, if you do start it.. but for now..catnip time:cat:

16. julie & punkin (ga)

Just checking in to see if you want to try the R tonight...

17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, celebrate!
    Sending come on down Neko vines, and hugs to the bean vines

18. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Sending many more vines for Neko, and some SRT anniversary catnip too!

19. Wendy&Neko

Blech - zooming up. So tonight I did a +11 R trial of 0.1u. I have now a greater respect for those who draw 0.1U from a bubbly syringe. :confused: Thanks Julie for hanging out with me. :bighug:

20. julie & punkin (ga)

You bet!

See you in an hour...

21. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Good luck w/ the R. For Tess .1u brings her down about 100 to 150 points in 2 hours.

22. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

Work it, Neko!

23. Wendy&Neko

+11 441 - 0.1U R given
    PMPS and R+1 437

Steady as she goes. Neko will often do that just on Lev, wasn't expecting any R action yet anyway. Back in an hour.

24. julie & punkin (ga)

most kitties that I've seen begin onset with R at about +1. You might see more action at +2.

25. Wendy&Neko

It could be that the R is holding her steady. She did zoom up a lot from +9 to +11, which sometimes means she's attached a jetpack. Darn unpredictable cats!

26. Pip & Rupert

Pip & Rupert Well-Known Member

Hey! long time no check in!! Happy Anniversary Neko! glad to see you are still going strong!!! Rupert is doing great, pretty much regulated on Lev now, likes to live in the low 'blues' most of the time. Has had a few bounces with the abnormally high temperatures here this summer but all in all, he's looking great! Just thought I'd check in and say hi! (feeling a bit sad, our oldest - Ruperts 'aunt' - is 19 and probably will cross the rainbow bridge this week, CKD and general old age, it's going to be so very tough to lose her).

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  27. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I say celebrate too...
    I think every day we get with them is cause for celebration.

28. Wendy&Neko

Hi Pip - great to see you! Neko was doing great in the blues mostly until a few weeks ago. Then something happened, not sure what. She had a visit with the dental vetty last week - found an osteochodroma. Still waiting on the biopsy if malignant.

Anyway, the 0.1 R trial is looking like a failure. PMPS +1 or R+2 is up to 473. I'll get one more test, but maybe not after that.

29. julie & punkin (ga)

it's always the same thing with R - you never know if they would've risen higher if not for the shot.

I often noticed that the following cycle after we had used R would show better numbers. So if you have better #s in the morning, it could be from the R. Or the new juice. And the R dose was pretty danged tiny - don't you love trying to measuer 0.1u? :eek:

Next trial is 0.25u. If you can make that be different than the 0.1u!

30. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

You're going need my super geeky lighted, double magnifying head gear, Wendy. It makes one look so utterly nerdalicious!

31. Wendy&Neko

I did the same amount of Lev tonight, but I think I'll go up tomorrow morning.

I think I can make the .25U more easily than the .1U. She says, not having tried it yet. :smuggrin:

Yeah Mary - time for a double set of readers on top of the magnifying glass!

32. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are trying the R, just haven't got the right dose yet, but you will get there. Paws crossed you find the magic number soon.

33. Wendy&Neko

PMPS+2/R+3 - "down" to 451. Looks like maybe this dose prevented her from going up too much.

34. julie & punkin (ga)

so hard to know . . .

but it's good to have R in your toolbox now.

35. Wendy&Neko

Yeah, too much meter variance at play here But I can stop testing and avoid seeing a black. :p

36. julie & punkin (ga)

37. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

I know I see it a lot.. but someone please tell me what the heck "R" is PLEASE thanks much :bighug: :bighug:

38. Wendy&Neko

"R" is in this case Humulin R, also known as Regular. It is a fast acting and very short lasting insulin, about 4 hours. It is something used by some DKA prone kitties to keep them out of high numbers, or by people with kitties with high dose conditions such as IAA and acromegaly.

39. Wendy&Neko

+9 125 (retest 90):cool: +9.5 76 :D
    So much for the dosecrease! I had to cancel rowing for her this morning.

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  40. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yah for green:D:D
    Sorry you had to miss rowing but I am sure the green number was worth it!

41. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((((Wendy)))))) ((((((Neko))))))) :D Heck yes, Celebrate!!! :D Tons and tons more anti-anxiety and healing vines being sent up the Northbound I-5 corridor! I am with Rhiannon, every day with them is cause for celebration!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

42. Wendy&Neko

Definitely worth missing rowing. She's also feeling better and purring. That was worth seeing!

Now to figure out why. :confused: Toasty juice?

Ruth - what are you doing up in the wee hours? :bighug: Celebration going on this morning.

43. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

LOL Wendy, DH goes to work at 5:15, so I'm almost always up, just not on the computer(I often try to do weeding while it's still cool out) Hugs and scritches for Neko- Party time! :D:joyful:

Could be the old pen was going stale, could be the dental pain, I dunno, sometimes cats just have to be mysterious!:rolleyes: But whatever the reason, sooooo glad TOR helped knock down the high numbers!!! :bighug:

44. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary, Neko!
    Wendy, I'm glad you're celebrating, and trying R, even. I hope all will help get Neko's numbers back down and that she will have less and less pain from the dental, and, especially, that the biopsy report will be negative. Sorry I didn't see this condo last night. Houseguests take a lot of attention!

Thinking of you this morning,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

45. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Wooooooooooooot on those numbers! Gotta help the girl feel better...oh, and I bet Neko's feeling better, too!

I know that even though it's Monday. And even though Miss Polly Priss kept me up well beyond my bedtime. I'm smiling!!!

Marilyn and Polly

46. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

late to add congrats on the anniversary and woo hoo on back to green!! Go Neko and Wendy!

47. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

48. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Nice job on the R, Wendy! And Neko...excellent job coming right back down. Sorry you had to cancel rowing Wendy. Looks like Neko wanted a little extra time with her bean this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.