8/9 Tina AMPS 147 +6 84 +7 94 PMPS 119 +2 107 +4 105

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Fellow Lantus users!

My name is Jan, and my sweet Tina is formally known as Tina Marie. I have been lurking and learning since the first part of July, to the great benefit of Tina. I have been using the SLGS System . . . to a point. I sped up a bit at the beginning to get her out of the 400s, then 300s.

I am very open to criticism - in a nice way of course, to get better on track. But we aren't doing bad. I have been a type 1 diabetic since 1979; jumped at the chance to start giving Tina my own Lantus!

I hope my spreadsheet is finally readable by all, meow.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Welcome Jan and Tina! :) She's a very beautiful kitty, nice to have you with us!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Welcome to the group!!

Tina's numbers are looking very good!! Can you explain the increase from 0.5 to 0.62? Did you not want to bring the dose up to 0.75u?

4. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Welcome Tina Marie and Jan!! Look at those baby blues! :cat:

I think having human experience with diabetes before Oscar's dx helped me a lot--you should be a pro! SS looks great, keep it up Tina!

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I edited to say the first part of July, right after diagnosis, is when I found FDMB. Hi Sonia and Leo - We love your picture. There are so many beautiful cats here - since I've been obsessed with this diagnosis, and learned so much here, I feel I know you all!
    I think our current caliper measured dose is ok. Its .62; halfway between .5 and .75. ALWAYS open to suggestions.
    July was a very, very long month. This new life has become normal. Not easy, but worth every bit of improvement. My big hope is that her back legs get stronger with much better blood glucose numbers. And a little help from Zobaline.

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thanks Samantha! I hoped my experience would help and I love hearing from you and Sleek Oscar. One odd thing I do is use Relion Prime for myself and the expensive stuff for Tina. I just checked my BG, and proved my blood drop was as small as Tina's. That's been my biggest concern - that the human meter strips needed more blood.

Time for PMPS:cat:

7. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

PMPS looking good! I feel like the human meter needs less blood...but i think it has a lot to do with being able to see the blood "sucked" into the strip (not sure that's how it works). With the AT2 it's just holding that (black) spot over the blood (on his black ear) and waiting for it to read, with Oscar sometimes wiggling his ears because "not this again".

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Hi Sienne,
    Thank you for asking. My reason included a bit of guessing, as it probably looks like to you! I had lowered from .75 to .5 at one point, and thought the midpoint of .62 might hit the target.
    Then tonight, having had an 84 earlier in the day, and the lowest PS yet, I went back down to .5
    7/27 I went from .75 to .5 after an 88 - probably could have kept the dose longer. On 8/7 I went up to .62 because the .5 wasn't ever going below 100.
    I hope this makes sense.
    So happy you asked - I feel I can use help!

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I sort of assumed you were shooting a "fat" 0.5u dose. I would keep in mind that making dose changes sooner than 6 cycles (except if a reduction is needed) and especially several relatively quick changes can result in wonky numbers. It's important to let the depot stabilize.

If you're following SLGS, the drop to 88 signaled a dose reduction. You were right to reduce. You might want to review the SLGS info. It looks like you may be holding doses longer than a week.

10. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Hi from Scooter and I to fellow Texans! Tina is a beautiful girl! It looks like she's doing very well, especially no longer than she's been on insulin.

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

It's so easy to see blood on pink. Hadn't thought much about it with black ears. Tina has been feeling better and sometimes starts to walk away when she knows what's coming. Then she settles and seems to want to cooperate.
    So glad there is the human meter option. Wouldn't you know, it's already test time for us :coffee: I drink too much coffee.

12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Hi Y'all!
    Jill, I'm very glad to have finally introduced Tina and to get some help too. I had been worried about the time it would take for me to set up the spreadsheet. After only about 5 hours, I got it done. So glad!
    I told Tina she has lots of diabetic friends. She's happy about that.

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thank you - I feel lucky to have your help and thanks so much for the welcome!
    The quote in your signature is beautiful.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  14. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Good morning - I'm having a hard time re-finding instructions on how to put "yesterday's" condo at the top of a new day's post.
    Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Here is how to "link" your previous condo.
    1. Call up your previous condo and go to the very top line of your browser's screen, where you will see the URL for the condo (www. felinediabetes.com etc. etc). Highlight this URL (right click on a PC; control click on a Mac). Click the "Edit" button and click "copy" (on some browsers, "copy" will automatically appear, so you don't have to click the Edit button).
    2. In your today's condo write at the top of your post something like "Previous Condo", or "Yesterday". Highlight the word(s) you just wrote.
    3. Go to the function bar at the top of the Lantus Forum and click on the symbol that looks like a chain link (7th symbol from the left). A dropdown box will appear asking for the URL. Go back up to "Edit" on your browser and click "paste". The URL will appear in the box.
    4. Click on "insert".
    and it's done!

Have a beautiful day Jan and hope Tina will have a few greens today!