9/08 Batuffolo AMPS 404, +4 289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mauro & Batu, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

First day of shot LANTUS 2u, i will do PMPS.

in the first hour lethargy..

2. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

I can’t do PMPS...he’s nervous...what to do? I start today...you can see in SS

Now i m out of time for the second shot.. (this morning 9.30 am) now here are 10.30 pm

thanks

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the Lantus forum. When you say he is nervous, what exactly do you mean? Where is your location? For you to tell us the time you shoot without knowing where your are doesn't help us to understand.

He came down a nice amount so far at the +4. Without having any more data on him, it is likely that he will bounce up from being in lower numbers than he is use to being in.

How much does Batuffolo weigh? More kitties are started at 1 - 1.5 units. So, I am glad that you are testing.

4. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

Hi Bobbie, i have problem with him to take blood, i use little needle 33G..but when i try it’s difficult to see blood...maybe the problem is the measure of the needle, too much little? So after some try he got nervous..i don t want to stress so now I gave him food (Purina DM 7% carb) and relax each other..

Tomorrow morning I will try again, with needle of syringe of 27gauge for AMPS.

I don t want shot without value.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, not a good idea to ever shoot without getting a value. He and you will get more comfortable testing.

Here is something I would like you to try to help get him more used to the idea. Take him to the testing area where you usually get his blood sample. Just rub his ears a few times without taking a blood sample. Then give him a little low carb treat and let him go about his business. Do this a few time with out taking a blood sample and he will start to put the rubbing of the ears with a treat together and be less stressed when you do go to get his blood test. Then after you get a blood sample, give him a little low carb treat. Soon he will not be so stressed out when you test him and neither will you be. :)

A few questions so we can help you:

How much does he weigh?

Where are you located so we know your time zone?

6. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

Thanks again Bobbie,
    Batuffolo weight is 16lb and we are located in Italy, this morning I try again only rub his hear but after some seconds he understands and became little nervous with my hands..maybe we need time to restart.
    I will try this method you suggested me in these days...

Any advice about needle measure to test?
    Boiled chicken is low carb?

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, boiled chicken is low carb and a great treat , a small piece the size of a dime for the "pokey" treats.
    When first starting out we recommend lancet 26 - 28 gauge. In the beginning, the ears don't bleed as freely but after time new capillaries form making bleeding easier.

Is there anyone to help you while you test? Maybe try taking him to your testing station and just give him a little piece of boiled chicken first and then try to rub his ears and then let him go about his business. Perhaps he will less and less nervous each time you try.

If you can stay calm and try not to be nervous, it will help him. Some people here would say that they would sing while they were testing to distract their nerves. Remember, this is for his good. You need to get the insulin into him and you need to know first that it is safe. Be confident. It will get easier. :bighug:

Could you add to you signature, his age, and human meter, and where that you are located in Italy. It will help us when you have dosing questions.

You are all ready doing such a great job by learning to home test, to have found this group that can help you help him. Batuffolo is one lucky boy to have you as his momma. :bighug:

Mauro & Batu likes this.
  8. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

Yesterday evening and this morning it was more simple with needle of syringe of 26gauge to do test, i will buy appropriate needle to test because needle of syringe is a bit uncorfotable to hold in hand and more dangerous.

Thanks to all again , we start this battle.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Mauro, it will get easier, I promise. Another thing you can do is to put a small amount some dry beans or uncooked rice in a small sock and tie a knot around it. Microwave it for about 30 seconds or until just warm. Put the warm sock on Batu's ear for about 30 seconds prior to testing and the warmth will help the ear to bleed faster.

Keep posting and asking questions, we are here to help you. :bighug:

11. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

The +5 of today was very easy...he sit down in his chair and after some seconds i go with treats and take blood with my nail ( i know maybe is not the best way but sometimes his ear is like a spring :D )