9/1 - DAVIDSON PMPS 114, +3.5-76. +5-83, +6-79, +8-70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Sep 1, 2018.

1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...pmps-109-2-90-4-77-5-85-7-127-8-5-139.201897/

Davidson is still dopey from the cartrophen injection yesterday morning and didn't eat much. When he walked he did walk slightly better but that could be due to laying down most of the yesterday and last night.

I fattened his dose this morning to 2.4 or some where between 2.25 - 2.5u with my eyes. I've got eagle vision and always use the same ref. point for measuring against something on my wall, even when I was dong the .1 last rodeo we went thru, lol.

Hopefully the after effects will wear off, but I read it could be 24-48 hrs.........time will tell.

Happy Saturday to all

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I hope the fattened dose helps. Love your measuring system, LOL!

Here's to Davidson continuing to walk better and getting less dopey. Appy vines on the way!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope Davidson feels better today.

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks all peeking in the last few days! Davidson is much more alert today, appears normal other then perhaps still a tad tired or worn out. He ate his 1/2 can food in various times this morning and not keeping his head on the floor too much. His eyes are perfect and he looks waaaaay better then the past couple of days. He's not pee'd his bed or any where else, so maybe being a guy he had a 'wet dream'? Who knows, but I can say there was mostly just water (giving him tons) and no smell or residual odor as he's back sleeping in it after a wash. He also appears to be walking a bit better and maybe the cartrophen works?

I've got approval to buy online from the Vet distributor as they rec'd the prescription, so will order it up today and be here in time for next Friday's injection. I know it will put him our for a day or so but if it helps his joints then it's worth it.

May take a couple days on the new dose to get back steadily in the greens, but right now I'm more concerned about getting his legs working again. I personally know what it's like as my knees have been shot for over 15 yrs from heavy sports competitions and some days after lots of activity (walking on my trips for 10 miles a day) I just can't move. The main thing is he's drinking and eating and using the LB, he has no odors coming from him, unless he farts and they are killer stinky, no tacky gums, fur is still shinny and even his BG numbers are acceptable.

It's a beautiful day so going to put my HD under my ass and go for a ride!

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I think you covered all the smell points. Enjoy the ride.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Had a great meeting with a potential pet sitter, and it went really well. She met H&D and actually worked at my Vet for a year a few yrs ago and knows how to give injections, do tests, etc............FANTASTIC!!! Hired her as we both got along very well, same type of chemistry and no flags........plus the guys liked her. She said Davidson looked great, and she would not have known anything was wrong looking at him physically, plus he walked to get cookies (naturally) and he's limping a bit but she didn't it was that bad compared to what I told her. She said the cartrophen takes 2-3 days to absorb and effects to subside so I'm happy hearing that. Davidson ate so now I can go ride free into the wind!! I'm excited and so happy as now I can go on my annual trip to Barbados as I've done for the past 23 yrs and not have to worry about not finding a PS. PHEW!! Hopefully Davidson's FD is done with but if not, not an issue any more

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, things turned for the worse for a while early this evening and I thought I was loosing Davidson. I had to hold his head up for him to eat, which he only ate a bit. He couldn't walk two steps without stopping to lay down. All the symptoms show it's from the low potassium and I have to get him the supplement into him and with the new Nutro food not hiding the taste I decided to give him HC food with gravy and put the pot. suppl into it. IT WORKED!!! Davidson ate the food with the Renal K+ pot. supplement, then I did it again so he at least got most of the daily dose. I went to Pet Smart and bought the FF food again (took back 15 cases last week of FF when I switched food) and gave him 1/4 can with ore pot supp. and he again ate it.

I had a decision to make which was either maintain his FD numbers or get him walking and his pot. levels up and if that meant to hide the crapola taste with HC food, then so be it. I can get his FD back on track once he gains the weight and gets his legs working properly. He looks so much better again, and it was really scary!!!!!!!! Tomorrow I'll start with the usual LC FF that he always ate before and hide some pot. suppl. in it..........if he eats it again, great as I then may not have to give him HC foods.

That being said, a couple hours ago he at approx. 2 tbsp of HC Friskies crapola with the pot. supp and his BG is still 76. I'm sure it will rise a bit as the night goes on.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Shawna! How scary for you ! I am glad you got the Potassium. into him and I agree with your plan to get it into him any way you can. Once he is stronger maybe you will be able to just pill him? Is it something that you could put into a gel cap?

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tnx Bobbie.........I'll pill him once I get him stronger with the FF food. If I can hide the powder then I'll use it for now as Lizzie sent me some chewy pot tablets which arrived in Buffalo today, but dealing with Davidson I didn't want leave. The mailbox company may be open holiday Monday, if not I'll go Tuesday and see if he eats them. If not, I'll order the Renal Kare tablets and pill him......that way he gets it into his stomach rather then his mouth. I'll look into the gel caps - I know we have pill pockets here, but they are really HC. I believe the Renal Kare also came in gel so I will check it out. I bought the cartrophen from the online company and it will ship out Tuesday and I'll have it in time to do the second dose Friday. I know he has arthritis in both hips, probably all legs now, as he has xrays done a few yrs ago and we saw it, so at 82 I'm sure it's worse. The low pot doesn't help so I'll continue the cartrophen too as it can't hurt, although it takes 2-3 days for them to get over the injection..........but only 3 more (one each week) and then nothing for 3 months. Something has to work, and if I don't see an improvement I'll take him back to the Vet for more tests and see what's wrong.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I sent 10 of the renakare tablets (5 days worth) along with the potassa-chews. The tablets are too large to pill (imo).

Can you get CBD oil or capsules in Canada? Since you have a US shipping address you might try that for the arthritis.

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

They arrived, but I was dealing with Davidson so couldn't get there in time as border was crazy due to long wknd, I gave him a cartrophen injection yesterday for the arthritis, so that should be good and don't want to give him different meds/supps for the same thing.