9/10 Catcat AMPS 308,+2=206,+5=186,+9=73, PMPS 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Sep 10, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...269-6-249-8-276-10-290-pmps-222-3-149.219146/

so we got a nice blue last night at bedtime -- back to the pink AMPS -- but that doesn't mean yellow all day, often he will dip back down to better numbers, we'll see

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong
    Maybe I'm weak, maybe I'm strong
    But nevertheless I'm in love with you
    Maybe I'll win, maybe I'll lose
    And maybe I'm in for crying the blues
    But nevertheless I'm in love with you

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I Hope Catcat slides down and surfs safely for you today Candy!

have an awesome day :) :joyful:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

+2 = 206

food spike kicking in, Lantus onset working, going in the right direction at least, and given "meter variance" it's ALMOST blue

will see how it goes, he usually hits nadir #1 between +4 and +6.5, then often has another dip late in the afternoon around +9 to +11

woozy this morning at AMPS and shot time, Catcat woke me up only 5 minutes before usual schedule .. call it AM-W-- morning wonkiness
    pretty sure I got the right dose in, was being as careful as possible

night food was the lowest carb food I have -- on Dr Lisa's list it shows as 0% carb -- so possibly he went out to the lagoon as I slept, which might make that AMPS a bouncy result -- hard to tell, though

too bad the Freestyle Libre is so expensive, too bad Catcat scratches off anything applied (except for weed seeds, they really stick in his fur), wish we had some sort of way to track the BG overnight without having a pj party

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Candy!
    Is there any way you could set an alarm, but then go back to bed right after the test?
    There was a time that was working for me, but most times I'll stay up until PMPS +5, or wake up and get online or something sleep deprivingly dumb.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that blue last night. I hope Catcat keeps sliding down today.

6. CandyH & Catcat

most nights I do have to get up for a potty break, but so much adrenaline flows when I'm handling sharp things -- needle phobia since early childhood, I know why but that doesn't stop the reaction -- that if I tried to test I'd never make it back to sleep -- and I'm chronically sleep deprived as is, getting maybe 5 hours a night when my body wants ten -- if it's more than 3 hours before AMPS I do manage to drop some food in his bowl but that's pushing it as it is

good suggestion if I were, say, 20 years younger than I am now

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I'm so sorry about that phobia. Forty years ago, I was sitting with a nurse, with him waiting on me to give my first shot to myself. I play lots of mind games! But I also understand anxiety and PTSD and how, you can't just talk yourself into or out of things.
    You must take better care of your own sleeping. I know it is easy to SAY!!
    Hugs and strength to you:bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. CandyH & Catcat

it's a "power" thing -- started with my perfectionist and psychotic dad and my grandmother (his mother) and a clumsy nurse at the doctor's office -- then since I was an Rh baby (my twin died in utero) I was sick a lot in early childhood so my mother had to chase me through the house to give me a "cold shot" -- it's not the pain, it's the refusal to submit -- I can stick myself for blood tests, but if someone ELSE tries to do it, I need to be sedated or I fight; have broken bones of "helpers" in the past -- and the whole needle puncture thing frightens and upsets me -- therapy, regressions, and posthypnotic suggestions have helped but not much

that's one thing that's preventing some of my sleeping, the test at bedtime (9:30-10 pm) gets my adrenaline going, and it takes a couple of hours before I can sleep -- so it's midnight til 5 AM or so when Catcat usually starts bugging me for food, this may change, it was still dark at 6:15 when Catcat clawed me awake today

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. CandyH & Catcat

okay, here's a definite blue, and it may still be before true nadir ..some food influence may still be in the mix

+5 = 186

10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Whoooo hoooo a blue, good job catcat

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

You are an amazing woman for getting so uncomfortable to help your cat, Candy. I'm sorry I missed your answer earlier. When I was a young kid, my mom would always tell me what a good girl I was, after a healthy report from the doctor. When in DKA, dehydrated and skinny as a rail at age 18, I thought about that - no longer a good girl. Silly, but makes sense in a way.
    I really do get what you described. At least you understand yourself.
    I have a second cousin named Candy!!! Always loved her. Hugs my dear!

Sonia & Leo and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  12. CandyH & Catcat

not a typo

+9 = 73 :D:D:D

told ya so ! :p

he gets a big pinch of bonito flakes and a few chunks of freeze-dried whitefish for that ! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

okay, now listening to the experts -- hold the dose tonight? (3 hours from now) or reduce due to the dive? :cool::D

-- no I don't think an increase is in the works ...

with the test he got a couple of tablespoons of whitefish-with-tuna .. P&C Kitchen Selects, a FF knockoff

by PMPS that all will have worn off (been metabolized)

sometimes the late cycle dip continues to PMPS, sometimes BG goes back up again

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  13. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D!!!!!!

He's earned his reduction under SLGS, and I think I'd take it tonight, even if he's starting to bounce at pre-shot.

Go Catcat!

14. CandyH & Catcat

thanks, that was what I was thinking and hoping others would agree :):D:joyful:

15. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Woohoo, go Catcat what a nice greeeeen :D

16. CandyH & Catcat

catch a wave
    and you're sitting on top of the world .....

PMPS = 99 :D:D:D:D:D:D

17. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

so cool!!! You know your kitty, don't you!
    I shot my first green tonight, so we are with you:D

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  18. CandyH & Catcat

hurray for shooting green :D:D:D:D

19. CandyH & Catcat

expected mini bounce -- +3 = 221

little game of confuse-a-cat tonight, I dumped a small freezer container's worth of frozen home stewed chicken in Catcat's big bowl
    (think it was originally intended either as a shallow goldfish bowl, or a centerpiece bowl for floating flowers or candles)

he tried licking it but -- frozen is not friendly to cat tongues
    then he swatted it back and forth within the bowl, using his front paws alternately

gave me a classic Stink-Eye

it will defrost over several hours and he'll get his midnight snack

Why can't I free your doubtful mind
    And melt your cold cold heart

(actually they are thighs and drumsticks but who cares?)