9/10 Yoyo AMPS 100,+1.75 145,+2.5 158,+4 158,+6 175,+9 198,PMPS 277,+2 235,+4 169,+8 144

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 9/9, http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...34-2-71-3-43-3-75-76-4-5-70-7-47-8-76.219132/

Day 1 @ 2.75 Units

I want to THANK @ Beth 73 and @MrWorfMen's Mom for being with me in the very early morning hours. After a while at trying to raise Yoyo's numbers and trying to keep those numbers up I started to feel alone and SCARED:nailbiting:. (I apologize because I do not know everyone's first names but I know your title names so I will refer to them at this time). @Beth 73 tagged @MrWorfMen's Mom to help me. And instantly I didn't feel soooo alone anymore. MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 gave me excellent support and they were there for me even though we have never met before.

Not sure if Yoyo earned a reduction yesterday because I am only to reduce after 3 low numbers under 50 on different days but I had a very hard time late late last night/early morning hours bringing his numbers up to a safe area. I had to give him karo syrup 2x to raise his numbers to a safer area and I kept feeding the poor baby 28% carb food with very little change in his numbers. So after all of that and the suggestion from MrWorfMen's Mom that I reduce, I did just that today.

Thankfully Yoyo is safe after a sleepless night. He was so tired of me poking his ears that he fell asleep in my lap, purring I may add, while I was taking his BG reading.

Hope everyone's Kitties are surfing safely and that everyone has a good day!!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think Yoyo needs the reduction. I'm glad you took it. I hope he surfs safely today and you can get a nap in.

AmandaE and Debra and Yoyo like this.
  3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Bet you were wishing you could have fallen asleep in HIS lap more than once last night. You did a great job keeping Yoyo safe!
    Your reduction this time is less than you've adjusted before and last night he was being very stubborn about staying out of the shark territory. All you can do is try the reduction and see if it sticks this time. You don't want to be holding PJ parties like that too often.

4. Debra and Yoyo

I agree with you totally:):D:D:D:D.....And again, thank you for being there with Yo and Me. it means soooo much:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you, I felt better safe than sorry.

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Tears of all kinds of emotion. For your initial fear, for the wonderful help, for Yo being ok, and for your relief, appreciation, exhaustion, and the purring and falling asleep in your lap. Such teamwork makes this forum a lifesaver and life helper:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

sounds like @MrWorfMen's Mom was VERY busy last night! thanks Linda for watching over all the diving kitties last night :)

Great job keeping Yoyo safe last night Debra! I agree with you that it is time for a "better safe than sorry" reduction :)

Hope you have a great day :)

Be good Yoyo ;)

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Good morning and congrats on the reduction! I’m glad to see you had some help and moral support last night.

You were correct to take the dose down. Any time you feel you are really fighting the numbers, it’s fine to reduce. I would have also shaved the dose since he didn’t drop below 40.

You did an awesome job with him while I was gone. I hope that gave you a confidence boost.

I missed you all and am glad to be home with my baby dolls. I hope you and Yo are well. And I hope he just has a mini bounce in blue so you can rest. He might still be a little active the next few cycles until his depot drains a bit. Time will tell.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

U did an awesome job last night and congrats on reducie

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you had a chance to get a little nap and that the stress is gone! You did a wonderful job keeping Yoyo safe ! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you......and No Sleep Yet. I work from home and of all days today is super busy. I felt myself nodding off while entering info onto the computer :woot:

13. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you.....it was a long night but one that had a good ending. I was starting to get scared especially after reading other's stories with low readings.....the mind will play tricks with you late at night when all aloneo_O

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for "my Boost" .....it was a long night and he did not want to stay in safe numbers. When I look at the SS now, I say that wasn't so bad, but somehow last night/early morning- I thought it was terrible. Fear got a hold of me again :nailbiting:

So glad that you are home and back with your little fur babies. They must have missed you something terribly. When I'm gone for an hour, my dogs act like I was gone all day!

When you have time, please fill me in on what you did and what you saw. Would love to see pics if you can share any.

Welcome home, you were soooooo missed:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Marje and Gracie

A little fear can be a good thing when dealing with FD! Better to be cautious.

I hope they did but they seemed to have quite a good time with the petsitter!

I’ll send you a PM as I did an online journal that I’ll share if you’d like to see it. Lots of pics. Thanks for the welcome back.

I saw your post about your baby with the cardio issues and now the lump. Many prayers. Please keep me posted. I hope it’s nothing and not a return of the C word.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Debra and Yoyo

I would love to see whatever you can share. I look forward to it!!
    Unfortunately it is always one thing after another over here. I feel like I never get a chance to just breath. I know things could always be worse, so I try not to complain and just take it day by day. But it is hard.
    Thanks for the prayers, after I get the report tomorrow from Adori's blood wk, I'll need to get my act together and take her in to see her regular vet. I also need to take my other dog, Aeriel, back to the vet as her RBC are just under boarder line low and vet wants to recheck her BW...as I said, always something:banghead::facepalm:

Really glad your back and hope you are adjusting back to "normal" life:joyful:

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Adori and Aeriel. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Marje and Gracie

You are such a great mom!!! I hope you get good results for Aeriel’s and Adori’s labs. Paws crossed.

19. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Prayers for Adori and Aerial. What nice names! What type dogs? My dog sends his best to all of you. Since he likes cats, he says hi to Yoyo too:cat:. Don't forget your own health Debra:bighug:

20. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Carla, too kind:bighug:

21. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you, I have to get my courage up to make the appointments.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  22. Debra and Yoyo

Adori is an American Eskimo and Aeriel is a sheltie. I also have another American Eskimo who is younger at Five yrs old. A full house:)

23. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope all will be OK with Adori and Aerial!
    I was just making sure you're OK tonight with no low numbers coming up for Yoyo before going to bed... :)

24. Debra and Yoyo

Awwwe, thank you! I hope you are sound asleep at this time, I'm just getting in a test to make sure all is ok. :bighug: