9/12 Cameron AMPS 158,+2 178, +3.5 167, +6 180, +10 184, +11 162

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Leah, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Leah

Leah Member

Yesterday

Good morning!! AMPS 158 - That's the number I like to see in the morning ;) Much better than pink!

I'll try to fill in some of the gaps on his SS today. Our civvie has a vet appointment at +4 - I think something is going on with his hips, which is ridiculous as he's only a year & a half old.

Since Cam has some bouncing going on lately, my current thoughts are to hold the dose until friday, filling in the gaps as I can, then if there's no green go up to 1.25u. I like to do dose changes on days when my husband & son are out of the house...makes for a calmer atmosphere ;)

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Hope civvie is okay.

Leah likes this.
  3. Leah

Leah Member

He's doing so well today! I'm crazy impressed.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Leah, once you get the SS update it will be easier to see what is going on and if a increase is in order.

It is great when they are doing well; it always makes the bean happy! :)

5. Leah

Leah Member

Is it not showing as updated? I update literally within 10 minutes of each test ;)

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Well that was weird......when I looked before it looked like it was only through 8/31 It is updated ....

I know what happened, I clicked onto 2018 SS and you have one for the current month.

Leah likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

If he doesn't make his way back to a green by tonight's cycle, I would increase as long as you are available to monitor him. He is looking so good , so I would want to take advantage of the momentum. This is the 10th cycle since he had a green.

8. Leah

Leah Member

OK, phew ;) I like to keep only one month on the front of the SS, because scrolling forever is annoying ;)

I had thought to keep the current dose for (now 3) more cycles, just because he's been so bouncy lately, and to get some non-3/6/9 tests in to see if he's going lower when I'm not checking.

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nicestart

Leah likes this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

One way to help bouncing is to get them used to more normal numbers so their bodies get used to being there.

11. Leah

Leah Member

I understand, but I think I don't understand fully. I have been thinking it would be better to NOT increase until he settles down and is used to blue, and THEN increase to get him into the lagoon? But, it sounds like what you're saying is to break the bounce cycle by increasing because then the body will get used to lower numbers?

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Correct. Looks like he has cleared the bounce so if he doesn't return to green again, it's time to increase . We give the bounce 6 cycles or 3 days to clear. Today is cycle 10 since a green.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Kitties won't systematically go down the color palate and stay there. It would be nice if they did. ( I thought the same thing early on in Bubba's Lantus career )

Your idea to get different non +3, 6, 9 test is a good idea. I like the +11 at this point. That way if you get a lower than usual AMPS you will know if it is a rising number or a falling number.

Leah likes this.
  13. Leah

Leah Member

Darned cats not following logic ;) I'll increase in the morning unless today tells me otherwise!

14. Bobbie And Bubba

YEP!! LOL

Leah likes this.
  15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I would have probably waited to increase if I saw that AMPS to see if Cameron was coming down to greens today. But it does seem he's happy with staying in blues right now. We need to give him a little nudge by giving 1.25u and see if that's what he needs for the time being.

Leah and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  16. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Forgive me for doing this..
    @Bobbie And Bubba I don't see a condo for Bubba today so I wanted to congratulate you on the reduction. :D I love your poop comments! :joyful:

Leah and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  17. Leah

Leah Member

Nothing to forgive! I enjoy cross-talk and am always happy for conversation in my condo ;)

18. Leah

Leah Member

In spite of my best efforts to be at home today (other than the vet appt, which went fine. his hips are good and don't lie), I've managed to be gone most of the afternoon running unexpected errands for the weekend. I'll grab a +9, +10, +11 for giggles.

19. Leah

Leah Member

What a nice flat day ;) Going to 1.25u in the morning!