9/12 Nelli AMPS 266 +4 180 +5153 +6 199 PMPS 283

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Krystina & Nelli

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It looks like Nelli is bouncing. She had a great cycle yesterday and was in the blues for 11 hours which is longer than she has ever been before.

She could have gone a bit lower yesterday AM cycle. Either the long run of blues yesterday and going a bit lower yesterday, could be responsible for her higher AM this morning.

Today is the 3rd cycle with the increase of 5.5 and the depot could take 4 -6 cycles to fill , so it will be interesting to see what this new dose is going to do.

Good job keeping up on testing.

4. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Bobbie for the feedback!

5. Krystina & Nelli

I was free lancing Nelli for several days. It appears I was going in too deep :oops:. I am back to device lancing.
    Her ears are not looking good and for the first time she is whimpering when I get ready to test :(.
    I have been putting Silver First Aid gel, alternating with Tamanu organic cold pressed oil with success on her ears and alternating ears when poking.
    I am trying to hold off as much as possible on the testing. I could use some advice for test times today and tonight.
    Obviously, testing is more important than a sore ear!
    Thank you in advance to any and all advice... “if it was you :) :bighug:

6. Bobbie And Bubba

That's going to depend on her numbers tonight. Looks like she is the blues! Yeah.

Poor ears, I know, alternating them and trying to hit a different is helpful too. I use the neosporin with pain relief when Bubba's ears would get too sore.

7. Krystina & Nelli

BLUE, BLUE!
    +5 153
    I am trying to find AM nadir. I have always been pretty sure it happens at +5. Today I am doing a +4, +5 and, +6.
    What “+” would you shoot agin befor PMPS... if Nelli was yours?

8. Bobbie And Bubba

This dose is looking really nice. As long as she doesn't drop below 50 which is the reduction number, you are going to hold this dose.

Remember, the depot hasn't filled completely yet.

9. Krystina & Nelli

YEAH!!!
    Dang I hope so!
    Sounds like tonight is going to be very important testing?!

10. Krystina & Nelli

Very confused. How could nadir be 153 and PMPS 283?

11. Catacular

Catacular Member

Nadir (lowest point) should be lower than PMPS. PMPS is when insulin level is at its lowest, right before you give the shot. Thus, the blood glucose level will be highest (bad) immediately before you give the insulin shot.

As far as how often you test, that's up to you, but we try not to test every hour unless our kitty is getting close to swimming w/ the sharks (<50)... Are you using the lancing device at a 45 degree angle? Do you have a nice padded cotton ball or something behind the ear as a stable base? I'll find the link to the picture of the ear with the sweet spot. It really helped me... Also, massaging the ears first helps.

12. Catacular

Catacular Member

Caveat: Sometimes nadir's can be higher than AMPS/PMPS when kitties are bouncing. But, that typically subsides after the next few doses. :woot: