9/17 Yoda AMPS 340 +3 424 +6 316 PMPS 277 +2 268 +4 178 Vet ap

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah12, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Sarah12

Sarah12 Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-15-yoda-amps-427-2-327-4-167-6-140.219380/
    Hello I thought I would give an update on Yoda as it was a long day and given the 178 I'll be up until midnight at least I think.

we spent a long while at the internal medicine vet today doing a variety of things. I knew Yoda was losing weight in the last month but I was shocked to find he lost two whole pounds on their scale vs my scale which was only one.

His guts are "ropey" feeling, so we got an ultrasound. The vet said it was really difficult because he is so skinny and has pretty much no fat but she found larger than normal lymph nodes and messed up looking guts. Small cell lymphoma and IBD are both the next candidates if the thyroid comes back normal again and I will shell out for a biopsy. He has never had diarrhea or vomiting; only the yowling and obvious distress his stomach was giving him the last few weeks.

Side note, I've done a small experiment. Yoda did not yowl or act in pain at all today when he was fed only Tiki Cat. I am going to keep him off the FF for awhile to see if that helps. The start of his stomach pains seemed to coincide with when he started to get more significant amounts of FF I just noticed today..

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the long day, it sounds like you are getting towards some answers. :bighug: The differentiation between small cell lymphoma and IBD can very often be determined by endoscopy or colonoscopy, rather than surgical biopsy, depending where in the bowels the samples need to be taken. Endoscopy is less invasive and means going home that day.

Good luck with the food experiment, paws crossed it’s the answer. Some TikiCat flavours are low calories, tricky if trying to put weight back on.

Sarah12 likes this.