9/18 Tina AMPS 134 +4 108 +7 105

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

May today be a better day! It is already:)

Quickie on cataract lens replacement - instead of just putting a clear lens in to replace the old hard lens with cataracts (which insurance helps pay, or pays for), the newer thing is to offer vision correction lenses which come at a substantial cost! The "perfect" solution is over 10K!!! The standard is $1,400 out of pocket. The in between choices are from 4K to 5.5K. The major decision is how dependent on glasses do you want to be. At the age most people have cataract surgery, they want glasses to hide the bags or dark circles under the eyes (me)!! I've worn glasses or contacts since age 7.

Tina insulted me yesterday morning by peeing on my bed, then peeing on another bed right in front of me. She hopped up, feeling great and perky, then did it. I carried her to the LB and she wouldn't go. I have been using Oko cat litter for 2 months and everyone seems to love it.
    Litterbox aversion, since her urine was tested, and is clean? Or she's marking like a dog?
    ?I think I need to up the D=Mannose to 1/4 tsp BID . . . I had been giving less, because I thought her stools were looser. They are good.

All good things to all of you ----- I missed the action yesterday:(
    Another doc appointment today for pre surgery approval, then 2 more after that!
    Love sent --

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Hugs to you, Jan .....random cat peeing cooks my grits , so I feel your pain :woot:

3. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry about the pee pee issue.... frustrating!!!

Hope all works out with the cataracts, just something else to think about:eek:
    Hope the Dr appointment goes well:bighug:

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Interesting on the correction lens. My question is if you have those, what happens if the script to lens needs to be changed does that mean another surgery? Glasses change every year or two for me.

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You're not the only one....:joyful: This "perfect solution" is really expensive! I hope your doctor's appointment goes very well today!:bighug:
    Too bad for the little mess of Tina :( looks like she's sending a message...., but at least she has good numbers!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about Tina peeing on the bed. I hope the D-Mannose helps. Nice blues today. Good luck with the lens choices.

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope you can figure out the vision correction thing...everything really great is so expensive! DH had dental implants last year - the ultimate in dental restorations - $8k for three teeth + all of our insurance and flex pay funds - I lost track...but he has a beautiful smile now - and can eat without worry - happy we did it!:D

What's this about peeing on mama's bed Tina!:eek::eek: You know that's a naughty thing to do!!! I hope you can figure out the 'why' for that bad behavior and get something set up to avoid it again...I'd have a fit if Luci did that...mama would not be happy!:mad:

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Dr. appointment was with my GP/ PA, whom I love. She is like my comforting sister. Had to have a little Pre-surgery appointment and blood donation, to make sure I'm safe for anesthesia.

and no more of that Tina Marie LastName too!! She's acting dominant around here . . .

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

You know, this is a simple yet profound question I want an answer to!!! If I pay . . . I only mean it to be one time. I do know that even with the most expensive choice, there are no guarantees glasses won't still be needed at some point.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thanks Carla - I wasn't giving enough, so now I'm going with 1/4 tsp twice a day.
    Still working on that lens choice, which I have to have tomorrow!

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

My husband spent 10K on his mouth!!! And yes, we are both glad after the shock of the cost of it all.
    My dental was only one root canal and crown, thank goodness, thought it might be worse.

Tina tinamariegirl . . I was hurt deeply, so much so that I could hardly be online . . . well a little worse of a day (and past weekend) than just that. I want her to be well and give so much, it made me feel defeated. BUT, she hasn't done it today, and I've increased her D-Mannose, so fingers crossed.
    So far today I've kept the bedroom doors shut too! Overnight hours are the real test.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I am telling her Furball would not do such a disrespectful thing!! I love her too much to be mad.
    Thanks on that lens choice. Still not sure.

13. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I've meant to ask you if you are near the rain in Texas from the storms. Texas is a huge state and I thought of you when I heard on the "news":joyful: about flooding in Texas.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

How thoughtful! I'm in the DFW area, so we may see some rain only in another day or two. We could use some.
    I know Lizzie is in the Houston area, closer to the flooding...

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Awww Jan :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Don't take it personally, is is possible Tina was stressed?

16. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I can’t help you with why Tina peed on the bed. I can tell you that after my drooler having leakage issues, a kitty that sometimes peed on the bed and every cat I’ve ever had racing to my bed to puke, I bought a water proof mattress pad for on top of the covers. It saves a ton of washing. Hope you can figure out why.