9/19/19 Olive AMPS 166; +7=70; PMPS 206; +5=175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday caber 349

Still holding her numbers. Not liking the FF beef to much any more. Today I will be going with husband to grocery store. Want to get the Paws Turkey and Giblets now that I know it's ok. Still waiting to hear on the chicken.

FYI
    Hello,

This product is formulated to have the following amounts of carbohydrates and phosphorus.
    -Carbohdyrates DMB: 1.96%
    -Carbohydrates ME basis: 1.61%

-Phosphorus DMB: 1.52%
    -Phosphorus ME Basis: 1.24%

Deb Pierce

Consumer Affairs Representative

I ordered next batch of insulin to get us through the winter. Right now one pen on this dose is lasting 22 days. And her caber and Trips gab is on its way.

Lots of spending on cats this month.

Prayers and hugs to all.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Boomer never liked the ff beef.
    Come on down to the lagoon Ollie!

3. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Olive is having some really nice numbers.....Looks Great!
    You mentioned that you are not liking the beef FF. Is it because you are finding lots of bone fragments in it like I do all the time?
    You mention Paws Turkey and Giblets......is that a raw diet? Sorry, I am not familiar with the food brand.

4. Olive & Paula

Ollie isn't liking the beef. I'm not finding bone in it. The Paws is a brand I found in the grocery store. It says comparable to FF and its cheaper. Made in Canada. I can only find it in the one store and took a chance. 3 of my cats love it. Ollie did well on it. store orders 2 cases a month for me. Then her numbers started going up when she was it exclusively. I'm trying to find out about it. Ran it through calculators and came up with 7-8% carbs. Stop giving it to Ollie, numbers stayed up. But now down again and I give her 1 snack per cycle of it.

Gotta run will say more later.

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Nice to see Ollie holding in such nice numbers! I hope she curls up on your lap again today!
    Happy shopping Paula, have a great day! :)

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice looking numbers
    My cats dont like beef either
    Have a great day Paula

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Ollie is looking good.

8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice job on gathering that information! I will have to keep my eyes out for it if its made in Canada! My cat's LOVE beef flavor FF its one of their faves right now! and Ocean whitefish and tuna :)

Olive is looking great this morning!

CandyH & Catcat and Sonia & Leo like this.
  9. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

FYI:
    FF beef does not contain beef.
    Chicken, chicken broth, liver, meat by-products, fish, artificial and natural flavours, (source of artificial beef flavour), calcium phosphate, guar gum, potassium chloride, minerals, salt, taurine, vitamins, sodium nitrite (to promote colour retention). A-6679-C

Edit: The liver I assume is beef. Meat by-products could be anything.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

It's Paws Happy Life, pic of can below. I put the info into 2 calculator and it comes out at 6% so I don't know what correct. I guess as long as it's given occasionally it won't be bad.

Attached Files:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Paula, I hope your effort getting the food carbs and phosphorous amounts will pay off. Good job.
    My cats like beef more than chicken or turkey most of the time. They always hold the prerogative to change their minds. Tina eats chicken. She doesn't like low phosphorus beef.

12. Olive & Paula

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Cute Lazy Boy...but geez Luci is spoiled enough...:rolleyes:

I'm so glad Olive is making some pickles today :)

Hope you're having a great day!

14. Olive & Paula

Last night I say to husband let's go for pizza tomorrow night. I'm so sick of hamburgers and sloppy joes. Tonight we decide to try a place we never went to. Five Guys. Well it's only hamburgers!!!!! We stay. 2 cheeseburgers, 1 large fries (enough for 4 people), 2 small sodas = $36. Are you kidding me!!! Never again.

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  15. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

Catcat says phooey on fancy couches -- he loves his cardboard box with the green plaid flannel shirt, the hotpad infused with catnip, and his beanie baby to kick and toss

it's JUST the right size -- isn't even an Amazon Prime box

Sonia & Leo and Olive & Paula like this.
  16. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Same here. We went one time...that was enough for me. Expensive food in a crappy atmosphere...peanut shells all over the floor in a very casual noisy place does not equate to the prices they charge for their gourmet food...'shrug'. I didn't get 'it' at all...:rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  17. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

18. Olive & Paula

None of mine like boxes.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  19. Olive & Paula