9.19.2019 Bella amps 170,+2 99,pmps 180

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-18-bella-amps-145-2-84.219461/unread

Prayers to @Phoebes @Teresa & Buddy @JoyBee&Ravan and Peggy Sue @Sue and Luci for Sue continuing healing @LizzieInTexas and family @Bobbie And Bubba for Bobbie @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) @Olive & Paula @Pamela & Amethyst for Pamela and Amethyst @Krystina & Nelli @Susan&Felix @Penelope and Mačka @J.J. and Phoebe Squeak and DH and all in need

Whoo hooo tomorrow is Friday!!
    Andy still no eating much but I’m trying every cat food I have, poor thing just doesn’t seem interested but sometimes goes back when I’m not around and eats a little, some prayers would be appreciated

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Bella. Sending prayers for Andy.

Here is the list of things to try when a cat doesn't want to eat. Maybe something will work for Andy.

Do you have any parmesan cheese? If you maybe sprinkle a little of that on her food, she will perhaps eat? usually ondansetron is better for nausea than cerenia but it doesn't hurt to give her the cerenia....it can help.

Can you finger feed her....either see if she will lick food off your finger or will she let you dab some on the front of her tongue or on the roof of her mouth? Just be careful that it's only a small amount and that you don't get it down her throat.

Here's some info Jill often posts when a kitty won't eat:Here are some things you can do do entice your cat to eat:

-sometimes in order to get a cat to eat you even have to resort to dry it is more important that they eat. there are a couple low carb / grain free brands -- EVO and wellness core.

-making a buffet to give him choices
    - heating food

sprinkle food with :
    - forta flora -- a probiotic you can get at vets or online. is very smelly and cats love the taste of it.
    - parm. cheese
    - smashed crumbles of dry food
    - Purebites Duck Liver -- crushed and put on as a topper.
    - bonito tuna flakes
    - halo chicken treats -- crumble into dust over food
    - poor a little water from tuna in water over food ( I use low sodium/no sodium added as other kinds in water has veg. broth in it and I assume that means onions, which are toxic to cats-- check labels)
    -powdered oregano. yep sounds weird . but some cats like it and it will entice them to eat.

other ideas of foods to offer your kitty to stim appy:
    - trader joe tuna for cats
    -baby food -- beechnut turkey and broth or chicken and broth. they have no onions or other additives. some babyfoods have onions . please read labels if you can't find beechnut.
    - kentucky fried chicken
    - deli turkey /chicken
    - plain cooked ( boiled or baked ) chicken breast
    -canned chicken for people (watch the label that their are no onions)
    - chicken broth -- low sodium

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Appy vines for Andy :cat: eat yur fudz.

Hope you have a great day.

Suzanne Burton and Bellasmom like this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending happy appy prayers to Andy :bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Thanks Carla, I have Parmesan cheese but will stop and pick up a couple more things, it worries me because he’s 19

6. Bellasmom

Thank you

7. Bellasmom

Thanks Lizzie

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes when they get older they have days where they don't eat much and then they perk back up. It's just like with people. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

AliceMeowliss (GA) and Bellasmom like this.
  9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Grab some of this and try and mix in with his food. Just a teaspoon or so.

00798525163200_CF___JPEG_3.jpg

Suzanne Burton and Bellasmom like this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending more appy vines to Andy!
    Bella.....come on down to the lagoon!

Bellasmom likes this.
  11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Thank you for your well wishes! I think it's working! I felt better yesterday!! Still got a little tired and needed to rest in the late afternoon - so that's ok.

Hope Andy gets his appy back - Bella is looking good these days!

Have a wonderful day Jamie!

Bellasmom likes this.
  12. Bellasmom

He heard u at +2

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Andy sweetie, please eat...sending tons of appy vines and prayers your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  14. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Andy to eat....try just a little Andy, then you'll get the taste of it and eat more.

Surf safely Bella:D

Bellasmom likes this.
  15. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines your way!

Bellasmom likes this.
  16. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Bella opened up the ol' Tiki Hut early again! Its nice to see :D

Sending lots and lots of appetite stimulating vines, I hope Andy gains back his hunger soon! Im glad to hear he is at least eating a little :bighug:

Bellasmom and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  17. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

as Ivar Haglund said -- Keep Clam

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  18. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

upload_2019-9-19_13-13-43.jpeg Hope Andy feels better. Did you try Chicken baby food?

19. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I swear by the freeze dried duck liver sprinkled over food. Mixing with a little water also seems to help get that smell really going.... none of my cats (except one over-hungry guy) are motivated to eat as much now due to their respiratory virus.

20. Bellasmom

Yes. He snubbed his nose

21. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope you find something he will like.

Bellasmom likes this.
  22. Bellasmom

I'm gonna get a can of tuna and use the juice on his food and try parmesan cheese if not will go on to something else
    Thanks Paula

23. Bellasmom

24. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Crumbled freeze dried duck didn't work as well on Tina as crumbled "dust" freeze dried chicken.

I've had luck with Tiki cat broth.

Catch the hungries Andy!

Bellasmom likes this.
  25. Bellasmom

I tired Parmesan and no, opened several cans, he sniffs and walks off, gonna give some mirtz

26. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Crossing paws that the Mirtz helps . . . soon.

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  27. CandyH & Catcat

have you tried catnip?

Bellasmom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  28. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I hear oregano works but never tried it.

29. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat's go-to is bonito curls-- he likes them better than flakes, says they smell more pungent -- glad there are a bunch of Japanese and Korean residents in Lacey -- four different stores to shop for Oriental foodstuffs

30. JoyBee&Ravan

My vet can't believe Peggy Sue is still eating with a tumor in her mouth. The Charlottes Web CBD oil is the only thing I give her & she's eating GREAT!
    Might be worth a try if nothing else works?
    [​IMG]

31. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

32. Bellasmom

No, he did eat a little this am and I left the food on my bed so it’s near him

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  33. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

I went on to charlottes web store to buy Nellie some CBD oil. They do not have, clearly stating they’ve done no research on CBD oil for Cats o_O. Which one of their products do you use for Peggy Sue :cat: :)

34. JoyBee&Ravan

"Paws" by Charlotte's web ( Nearly every Pharmaceutical your vet prescribes for your animal has NOT been tested on any cats! They traditionally have always tested on dogs. Vets prescribe meds for cats "off Label"

I was using Charlotte's Web for Humans 6 years ago for Ravan's brother that had cancer. I switched to Paws 2 years ago. I like that it's in coconut oil.

Months ago I was talking to my Vet about CBD oil. He called Cornell University to ask if they recommended it for animals.
    They told him they had tested a bunch of "Popular" brands & some had hardly any cannabinoids in them. They only recommended two brands to him, Charlotte's Web & Ellevet Feline. (which has been tested on cats. He now sells Ellevet in his Clinic.)

He now uses CBD oil for his dog that has Arthritis, he said he amazed how it's helping his dog.

People take a long time to accept new ideas. Just a few years ago you could not buy CBD Oil let alone Cannabis. Now there are people of all ages using Cannabis & CBD Oil for pain.

Now that Vets are able to use CBD Oil a lot of companies are going to jump on & promote their CBD for animals.Lots of money to be made!!

I'll continue to use it because I've seen it work great for my cats. I start off with just a drop or 2 once a day & see how they respond. I never use the "recommended"dose. If they do well on a drop or 2 why give then more?

https://www.charlottesweb.com › dog-cbd-
    oil I get the unflavored one & mix it in a bit of baby food & water. Then into a feeding syringe ,it's a small amount ,less than a teaspoon. My cats won't eat their food if I add anything to it,that why the feeding syringe.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.