9/19 Catcat AMPS 315,+3.5=314,+5.5=194,+10=339

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Sep 19, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-18-catcat-amps-285-3-232.219480/

guess this is a GOK cycle -- goodness only knows

nice LC food overnight, got his middle of the night feeding about 1:30 am

possibly it was a fur shot this morning .. didn't notice any Lantus smell but for me it hardly smells at all anyway

can this morning turned out to be Newman's Own chicken & turkey which is 3% according to the chart, shouldn't be the cause -- Catcat is saying he's starved to death but then, cats lie ...

I've told my neighbors not to feed him if he shows up, but he might be going further afield searching for something to eat ... I've had to cut back a little bit because he's gaining padding over his ribs, need to check his weight again if I can find out where DS put the scales

was hoping that inadvertent bump of insulin would cause a reduction in BG down the line, it's not happening so far ... really want to get him on a lower dose by the end of next month, so we can leave to see our doctors and depend on DS to keep Catcat in reasonable numbers -- instead I'm afraid he's getting more glucose intolerant

tired out today, had trouble getting back to sleep in the middle of the night since DH was making like a bobbin, curling all the bedcovers around him -- oh me !

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Catcat comes back down today.

3. CandyH & Catcat

oh me too -- he's outside enjoying some momentary sun -- I probably ought to go feed barncats too while it's not raining ...

with a cat cat here
    and a cat cat there
    here a cat
    there a cat
    everywhere a cat cat ...

4. CandyH & Catcat

like yesterday -- +5.5 = 194, just barely onto the beach but gives me hope

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hope is a powerful thing!
    Give your Catcat bunches of petting rubbing and Scritches. Maybe that'll fix him! He sounds like a great cat, Candy.

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Catcat you need to throw away that pink start...not a good look for a handsome dude like you...

Come on down to the lagoon and play with Luci :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. CandyH & Catcat

he got a bowlful of cut up chicken gizzards after lunch .. wasn't sure at first if that was "real food" but finished them off

stalling and planning to test about +10 to see if he's going low this afternoon; he's following DH around who smells like corndogs ...

he does love it when I scratch his chin or his whisker pads -- and usually between the shoulders too

watching football tonight with DH -- our best friends on Maui are friends with Mariota's family so rooting for the Titans (unless they're playing the Seahawks)

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

9. CandyH & Catcat

so much for a pleasant afternoon on the beach -- have NO idea why he's suddenly spiking these pinks ... he looks happy, and I wouldn't expect chicken gizzards would have much in the way of carbs ... I did trim the fatty pieces off

almost time to go watch football with DH -- take care of Catcat about halftime -- need a memory foam pillow to sit on, because of the layout I have to sit on the floor to watch -- it's later for many of you, so I may not see you til morning

one I don't know but lyrics work:

Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat
    Moonlight, all night, crashing into me
    Nothing will ever be easy as you and me
    Tangled up with nowhere to be
    Just sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat
    Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat, ayy

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Luke Bryan :joyful:

11. CandyH & Catcat

Sundown
    you better take care
    if I find you've been creeping down my back stair

--- so this is a warning, Catcat, no fair eating at other people's houses ... :stop::stop::stop: :(:(