9/21 Ming PMPS = 302, +5 = 295

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-18-ming-pmps-266-4-340.219483/

Ming... get down from there... will try to get a ketone test today. That reminds me, I need more litter. I recall reading on someone else's condo that they're using okocat. Let me know what you think of that if you use it.

Increase today, for sure. The One Drop numbers are nicer compared to the OneTouch.

OT: I'm working 4 night shifts this week so that's why I haven't been posting (when I'm on nights, my life is literally: work, sleep, groggily test Ming, continue sleeping, eat - repeat). My third one is finishing up right now and my last one this week is tonight. We've had a dog boarding and I hope she goes home today. She is... a handful, to put it nicely. :rolleyes: I have to watch where I put my hands or she'll "playfully" chomp on them and then will also chomp on her own poop if she poops in her kennel.... In her file, it says she's going home tomorrow but everywhere else (the board, the hospital sheet) says she's going home today.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I did not like okocat, but I don't remember why. I think it didn't clump well enough for me. Right now I'm using Cats Price and not does it clump, but also sticks to the feet.

Crista & Ming and Sue and Luci like this.
  3. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Ming it's a great day at the beach! Come on down!

I really like the Okocat. I like to use a natural litter because I can dump it in the pasture rather than filling up my limited trash with litter. It clumps the best of the natural ones I've tried and it lasts very well.

4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've used Okocat - it sticks to her feet and all that liter on the floor drives me crazy! DH loves it as it's very absorbent. But the liter on the floor doesn't seem to bother him. Luci didn't like the last Okocat I ordered because it's very coarse - you can try the finer one, but all of it sticks to her feet - unlike the clay liters which don't seem to stick as much...but I think it's a matter of personal preference. You can order it from Chewy - and if your cat doesn't like it they'll refund your money - and you can give the liter to the shelter.

I prefer the Arm and Hammer pine - I think - but still it's more sticky than clay scoopable...so give it a try. Some love it, some not so much...talk about a mixed review, huh?

Glad you like the OneDrop numbers - I found them to be incredibly close to the Advocate Pet Meter test results - much less expensive obviously.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see some lower numbers soon.

7. Crista & Ming

I saw a review and it didn't look like it clumped either. Would you be switching out of Cats Price too?

That's good to know! How is the smell? I'm thinking of switching to wood-based litter as well. I saw a video about how to make a sifting litter box for those litters too which seems more convenient than scraping clay clumps.

That's what I noticed from looking at Luci's SS. The final test for the OneDrop is to bring it with me during Ming's next blood draw and compare it to the lab results. I tried the OneDrop on myself and it read lower than both the ReliOn and the OneTouch. I should probably stop comparing because, like everyone says, it'll drive you nuts!!!!!

But it does make me wonder - since it reads lower than my OneTouch, that means I might reduce at a number I normally wouldn't be reducing.

Oh boy, I need to stop. :rolleyes:

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. I have to have unscented. I buy litter in what ever store I'm in, I don't make special trip. So sometimes stuck with whatever the store has other than Tidy Cat and Arm & Hammer.

I think my favorite is Wegmans when I can get it unscented. Clumps welk, doesn't stick to pan but it's fine like sand and it tracks. I usually mix it with another.

9. Crista & Ming

+5 = 295

Pred tonight too.

Didn't get ketone test today but I'll try again tomorrow. I hope he works the increase soon.