9/21 Tina AMPS 124 +4 116 +8 100 PMPS 127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Happy Caturday!

Tina has been quite steady, which is so nice. She just doesn't dip into greens much. Can anyone offer to take her paw and slip into the lagoon with her? Goodness she was demanding and loud waiting on her breakfast. I serve everyone else first since her service takes the longest, and I think she wants me to change that up!

Yesterday was a little rough since it started with a call from my doc, wanting me to come in again for more blood. Hoping I was dehydrated, which is often the case. I need to drink all the time, and on blood day, I fasted until 2:30pm for my appointment. Stopped the coffee early since that's my drink of choice. Prayers for my kidneys please?! Every few years I get a kidney scare, then they start behaving again.
    I've already started eye drops to prepare for the surgery Friday. I sure hope the surgery goes as planned even if my kidneys aren't quite up to par.

Have some fun today if you can! Surf safely and you kitties have a beautiful day too.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

You have my prayers for healthy kidneys....I hope your blood report comes back normal:) and that surgery goes as planned.

Glad Tina's BG is steady, I'm sure she will take a dip real soon. Maybe she can grab onto Yoyo's paw as he is at the beach today. What a difference his insulin dose has made.

3. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Maybe time to fatten up the dose?

Healing vines to you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines! Tina, no drama for the next few weeks please.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Maybe Ollie can help her. Ollie only goes for toe dips and not long ones either.

6. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Figaro has paws crossed for your bloodwork, Jan!! I have to remind myself to drink all the time too (I get terrible migraines), and my number one trick is to have a pretty water bottle, nice mugs, and a fun water glass that I want to use as much as possible :)

7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Jan, prayers for good kidneys, blood work and surgery!!!

Tina, Scooter says he'll hold your paw while you get in the water!

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

That is a trick I have been thinking about - it worked for me in the past! Thanks for the advice and confirming the good idea:) Please thank Figaro for me:cat:. He's such a good boy!!
    I'm so sorry about your migraines. I "outgrew" that nightmare.
    Botox is helping someone I know quite a lot. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see some green soon. Sending prayers for your kidneys and good test results.

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I only drink pure reverse osmosis water (and that's what my pets have too) and I sincerely appreciate the attached kidney health list. Wish I hadn't gone off course. I used to make a scrumptious cauliflower soup, and it's right back on my menu tonight!! Includes onion and garlic, turmeric, red and black pepper, and yes cream cheese:joyful:

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and well wishes for your upcoming surgery - AND for those kidneys to get back to business! I only have one...thankfully - after a bout of kidney cancer - but that one seems to be working just fine.

Oh the things we deal with these days, huh?

Tina is looking good in her blue dress - interesting about the 48 on the hooman meter... :)

13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Bless you Sue and your one good kidney. Kidneys are precious aren't they!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

People don't like to admit, it but the problems we have as we get older are from the unhealthy foods we ate & drank years ago. To be healthy we need to "deprive" ourselves of all the junk we want to eat.
    Otherwise, Suffer the consequences! Heart disease & Kidney disease are just a few!

The soup has all Healthy ingredients except for the cheese. If you think your Kidneys are "Precious" don't eat food that will harm them :stop:

Diets high in animal protein from meats and dairy products can cause kidney damage because they can be very hard to metabolize.
    This places a heavy burden on the kidneys, making it hard for them to eliminate waste products. A high-protein diet may cause or exacerbate existing kidney problems.

70 to 80 percent of the calories in cheese come from PURE fat. Cheese, like other dairy products, is not healthy
    “Anything we can do to reduce the intake of saturated fat and cholesterol, such as cutting back on cheese, would lessen the risk of heart disease.”
    “Just one ounce of full-fat cheese can have as much as six grams of artery-clogging fat

I hope you enjoy your soup ,without the Cheese!:stop:

upload_2019-9-21_17-16-26.jpeg

15. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Oh no Joy!!! Give up half and half too?
    I'm actually having asparagus for dinner now. I eat very few carbs, which makes it a little harder. I am adding berries back though. I am capable of being a complete health "nut". I got lazy and tired of others laughing at my healthy ways. Crazy being laughed at for health!
    Actually, I need to add a few carbs (and insulin), so I can cut back more on protein.
    My favorite meal of all time is a spinach salad.
    Thank you Joy:) seriously.

Beth 73 likes this.