9/22 Grandpa AMPS 150, +5 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I can't believe that a .5 dose of insulin now brings the old guy down into greens when we used to give him 2.5 and had reds and pinks. Cancer does strange things. I hope he comes up some since we leave in three hours for a concert event that we bought tickets for awhile ago. He's eating, so shouldn't be a problem.

The Miralax is working, thank goodness. My goofy roommate brought this home last night after I texted her. I can imagine the decorator's thoughts when she got this request.

I think we both need to get out more.

20180921_191152.jpg

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::D:D that's funny!! He looks great!

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Poo cake! Hillarious.

Beck and Philly likes this.
  4. Beck and Philly

Yes, we NEED a getaway today. JJ is happily eating out of a box top. A kitten dumps the box. JJ loudly scratches in the lid to tell us it's empty and then sits in it while meowing in case we didn't notice.
    20180922_130326.jpg

5. Beck and Philly

20180922_133547.jpg I give up. No need to buy cat beds or food bowls
    Have a great Caturday. If you live in a normal household...enjoy sanity.

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:p:joyful::D Omg...that cake is hillarious!

I love the pics. :) You never need a cat bed when a box is around. ;):cat:

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I am loving this thread.

My cats refuse to use beds I buy them... boxes, towels and the nice comfy hardwood floor is what they prefer.

Apologies to JJ.... Kittens have no manners.

8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Those are two gorgeous kitties in those pics. Love the cake - let's hope the decorator was a pet lover

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

That is an awesome cake!! Your roomie has a wonderful sense of humor.....as well as their thumb on what's important in life!!

10. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

All of that is so funny!! Being sane is something I know nothing of. I just bought Baby a new little couch, she has a basket, a bed and her padded blankets all over the house. And right now Baby is sleeping on the hardwood floor in my closet with her head resting on a shoe! Your pics are sweet!

11. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Oh, I would love to see BKG with her shoe pillow. Idjit will NOT get in any box or bag, he will sleep on the floor, in a chair (his chair which he uses the back for looking out the window), a closet floor....he also likes to have some sort of a pillow or something to lean against. Sometimes that is my legs and he is a sturdy fellow :confused: He likes short pile soft blankets, and has laid claim to the 3 that I have. He definitely rules the roost and plops where he wants, after all it's his house.

12. Beck and Philly

So I finally get out the door and find this waiting in my car. 20180922_160151.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:joyful: :joyful: :joyful: ...oh, Beck, that is too funny :bighug:

14. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Don’t you just love it!!! I took Baby half way to work with me one day.. she climbed in the backseat to nap I guess. She did this every so often if I left a window down. It scared me to death when I heard that meeeooowwww!
    Like I said, it’s their world & we’re just living in it!

15. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

post1 Grandpa on the stove. Why is it in 40+ years I've never seen a cat burn his paws or even come close to it while leaping onto an oven?
    Same post. There's me wondering why the pan isn't heating up. Then the smoke alarm goes off and another set of Dollar Store burner covers ends up smoking hot on the way to the trash.
    Post 4 and 5. Cats, boxes and bags. It can't just be me that finds this tired old gag still funny after all these years. Simple things amuse simple minds. (Me, not the cat).

Post 12 What a snoop I am. I see a "cat car" (needs vacuuming, some serious Q-Tip and tooth brush detailing) which I gave up on years ago. I see where "someone" keeps their pony-tail thing-a-bobs and I'm guessing the R for reverse is at the top where the cat debris has collected (over the years!)
    And really! No seat belt, no booster seat, nuthin! What kind of delinquent mother....:rolleyes:
    Yes I confess. This could easily have been me. Even the kibble scattered across the floor which is much easier to sweep away if you're wearing super thick socks. Jerry Springer here I come.
    Goodnight Grandpa.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  16. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

You're looking one very fine chap Grandpa. :)

17. Beck and Philly

When I posted the car pic, I thought, "Uh oh, Dickson is going to be all over the dirty console. " Surely you've noticed by now that I don't sweat the small stuff. But I have learned to scour my pics for anything that will fail a Dickson white glove test.

18. Noah & me (GA)

At one time when I was a monsieur sauve et debonair avec de beaux cheveux I may have gone overboard with the Armor All and Q-tips. Now half eaten bagels end up somewhere near the back seat. At my last orifice job the big printer sat under my desk. When it stopped working we shook a lot of cookie crumbs out of the trays. So I don't have white gloves but I do have the nasty chemical/rubber gloves up to your elbow. Your stove, furniture and coffee table match our style of decorating exactly. You won't find it in any magazine, it's called Americana Motel early 60's and that's just fine with me. Wanna' see my sweatpants collection?

19. Beck and Philly

No need. I work from home so I have quite the assortment of ultra-casual attire myself.

20. Becky & Baby Girl GA

My shrink once told me to relax & become a type B personality. I’ve learned due to age & conscious relaxation to let go of all that cleaning business. Aaaahhh it’s still clean (kinda) but def it’s not spotless as in my younger years. I like this way of being! Motto: Let it go

Beth 73 likes this.
  21. Noah & me (GA)

Since I weigh 75 pounds less than in high school I can still shave, get a haircut, tuck my shirt in and pass for 50. I opted for the more Earthy look but I do take care of those nasty ear and nose hairs (I haven't completely given up) and no one has ever seen me in anything other than a white tee shirt. I do have some variations, my collection of Curious George shirts and my super comfy pyjamas.
    Did no one catch my "orifice" job comment? I thought they meant no inter-orifice relationships! Nuts to that! If I did post in a dating website it would read "Covered in cat hair, no beaches nearby (long walks are for dogs) and I don't have a fireplace". No whack-a-doos need apply, freckles and the ability to eat pizza without a knife and fork are a must. The pizza thing happened to me on a first date. That's life. :blackeye: :rolleyes:

Becky & Baby Girl GA and Beth 73 like this.