9/24 Billie AMPS 313 +4 282 PMPS 279 +2 254

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deanna & Billie, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-22-billie-amps-266-4-252-pmps-325.184337/#post-2046900

Hello all!

Billie had an eventful day, partly due to my own helicopter panic. She was eating well and seemed generally fine and dandy, but I noticed that she seemed to be breathing heavily this afternoon. She did have a brief asthma attack yesterday (first once in several months) and seems to be having a flare up. That's not unusual for her at this time of year. But I worried that it was heart related and worried about possible fluid in her lungs, since she potentially has yet-to-be-diagnosed heart disease. So, off to the ER vet we went again. They did an exam and chest x-rays and didn't find fluid or anything concerning, other than her asthma. So, it seems to be asthma related, which is a relief, considering. I gave her some extra puffs on her inhaler when we got home, and she's doing much better now. I felt horrible for stressing her out with another ER trip, but I'm glad we went. Now she hopefully gets 3 days off before her cardiology appointment on Thursday.

I hope everyone had a more peaceful Sunday. Lots of vines to the kitties and beans needing vines.

2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope she is feeling better soon. Glad the ER vet visit revealed nothing more than her asthma acting up. :bighug:

3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm glad you went too. Those asthma attacks can be frightening for us :woot:. Good to hear Billie is doing better, and nothing else was going on. She'll settle back in :cat:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad it was just her asthma. I hope you're all having a calm evening. Sending prayers.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would have done the same thing, lol. Are you going to get an echo done? Hopefully if you do it will ease your stress. :bighug: Maybe it's "only" asthma an no heart disease at all.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of good thoughts that it is "just the old asthma". This hot weather we have been having can't help. Rusty, who is just getting over pneumonia, is having a good number of his chronic congestion/sneezing episodes in this weather.
    Sending vines for Billie's cardiology appt.

Hugs, scritches,

7. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the visits and the vines!! Billie seems to be having a good night and doesn't seem too stressed or mad about the vet visit. She had some chicken with EZcomplete and crushed Evo mixed in, which seems to be her meal of choice today. She took her Plavix and ondansetron without any trouble.

@tiffmaxee, I think we will be doing an echo - I'll go for whatever the cardiologist recommends. I definitely hope it's not heart disease. Today sure was a "phew, it's only asthma" moment. And we've also had some "phew, it's only pancreatitis" moments. Lesser evils!

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), sorry your boy is congested too!! I think the heat + fall allergens is a bad combo. I hope he feels better soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.