9/3 Figaro +10 153 AMPS 168 +2:30 219, +6 368 ...FS?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Figaro's Liz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Yesterday

Pretty quick to the blues this time! I've started shooting outside the scruff as of yesterday. Its early to say for sure, but it seems absorption may indeed be quicker for him this way.

He's doing well (paws crossed). Lots of playtime last night :)

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice surfing happening.

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope Figaro heads back down and surfs today.

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Scruff is not the ideal place to shoot as there is not much blood flow which can lead to insuling not absorbed as well as it should.
    I'm shooting sides and alternate from right to left!
    Hope Figaro comes down and has a nice blue surf today!

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hugs Figaro and Liz - so glad things are looking good:):):)

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  6. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thanks Lyane! I was doing the scruff up until now because it was easier on both of us. He gets kind of upset about being pinched elsewhere, but the skin started to feel a little tough and we have gotten into a decent groove now. So now seemed a good time to make the change! So far it's going okay.. he hasn't clawed or bitten me yet (very un-Figaro thing to do anyway) :)

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I try and switch it up where I shoot too! although I will admit... early weekend mornings = scruff :p

Fig is looking just awesome!

8. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Noooo after all that I think I FS. :facepalm: is this one of those bad dreams where I keep messing up? :banghead:

Seriously though, I don't think it's a bounce. I didn't feel wetness in his fur this morning but he sure has a lot. Arrgh..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  9. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I think you would notice if it was a FS ... give figs coat a quick smell,... you will definitely smell the Lantus (strongly) if it was an FS.

If it was an FS no big deal! You can get back on track tonight... dont sweat it :)

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Try not to obsess over an unexpected number. IF you didn't feel wetness it may not have been a FS...

Once, early on, I was using those longer syringes and held up Luci's skin and pushed the needle all the way thru - plunged...it came out on the other side...OMG poor girl....I guess you could call that a FS - it was a clean miss...that's for sure...I felt bad...but we're still here...you'll be okay...and so will Fig...forgive yourself and Fig for not having the best day - tomorrow will be better! :)

AliceMeowliss (GA) and AmandaE like this.
  11. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thanks Amanda I love your positivity! :) I usually do smell, and I thought maybe there was a trace smell this morning. Not super strong though... hmm. Well, onward! Hopefully not upward number-wise :p

Omg about shooting through Luci's skin! :eek: I can imagine it! You are totally right, I need to remember to try not to obsess... life goes on, and he seems to feel fine, so I should just stay on track as best I can :woot: Just worried about losing our progress with my recent flubs :oops: Must remember, a marathon not a sprint...

Sue and Luci and AmandaE like this.
  12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Liz, you poor thing. Fig will be fine! He loves you too. Almost every time I have shot a lower vs higher number, the result in 4-5 hours tends to be the same. Was thinking, maybe it wasn't a FS. The PMPS might be more telling.