? 9/3 Grandpa 334 AMPS, +4 302, +12 191, AMPS (+13) 199, +2 274, +4 313

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

He woke up bright eyed and with a good appetite. We reduced his dose from 2.5 to 2.25 after the low number on AT last night.

I wish I understood the swings between day and night numbers. To have a chance at decent day numbers we have to risk low night numbers. Last night took awhile and several HC food choices to start him on an upswing. I know he was only borderline on the take action numbers, but I'm afraid to sleep through the night without testing. I don't know how low he would go.

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Low numbers at night creep me out. I reduce Noah's PM dose to 2/3 of what would be called for AM and leave an excessive amount of food out at night. There seems to be no in between with Noah, he is either moderately high or low but he hasn't bounced in months.

Beck and Philly likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Come on, sweet Grandpa man, take it easy on your dear momma bean :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Jill & Jade and Beck and Philly like this.
  4. Beck and Philly

Trying to decide what to do about shot tonight. PMPS 191 after reduction this morning to 2.25 and low numbers last night.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

He's still working with the 2.5 u depot but after an AM dose today of 2.25 u you might be OK giving 2.25 u tonight. It's a tough call.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd go with the 2.25 too

Of course Grandpa is in charge, so he may keep you up no matter what you do ;)

Jill & Jade and Beck and Philly like this.
  7. Beck and Philly

I'm stumped. I could skip, give a smaller dose of 1.5 or so, or stick with 2.25 and watch him. I honestly don't know what to do. He just ate a good dinner... both halves of an Iams perfect portions.

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

If you're brave try the 2.25 u and be prepared to monitor and steer with food. You could also do a one time BCS of less than 2 u. It's often said that the depot from the larger dose would negate any positive effect from that but I'm not sure that's always the case.

9. Beck and Philly

I'm so far from brave right now it is pathetic. I would do anything for him and want to do the right thing, but I don't know what that is. If we do a BCS dose tonight, what do we look for to get him on track?

PussCatPrince - GA and Beth 73 like this.
  10. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Beck and Philly

We had to make a decision. An hour after eating he was 199 so we gave 2.25. My roommate and I will take turns monitoring. I hope some of you guys will be around, too.

I just don't know how to find a good dose with him. With days high and nights low, the only pattern I think I see is that he's getting lower sooner. Tonight was rare to be under 200 at AMPS.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  12. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you both. It's hard sometimes, and specially if we are tired. You are doing right by Grandpa. Don't be hard on yourself. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beck and Philly and Beth 73 like this.
  13. Beck and Philly

20180903_225344.jpg He was in the 270s at +2 and now he has not only eaten his Crave snack, but he is working his way through everyone else's wet food dinners. He is on plate #3 now with me going behind him and stopping him.

I'm going to grab some sleep while his numbers are up. I have my alarm set for three hours to test.

Goodnight!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  14. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

No sharks hunting tonight Geandpa!
    I love his pics! He is such a sweetie!

15. Beth 73

Good night , Beck :bighug: May whatever sleep you get be multiplied :bighug:Good night sweet Grandpa...be a good boy for momma , ok ?❤️

16. Beck and Philly

Wow! I guess my body isn't used to getting to sleep that early so I woke up at midnight. Grandpa was asleep, but he heard me move and jumped up on the bed, laid down and grabbed my hand with his paw. He is alert and very engaged, something he hasn't been the past three nights. He's 313, which is much higher than previous nights, but he seems to feel good. I've turned my alarm off.

17. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

HeHe.
    He's gorgeous. I loves the 'olds' .

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.
  18. Beck and Philly

Wow! So this is what 8 hours of sleep feels like!

19. Beth 73

You are so deserving of long, life giving sleep, Beck❤️ Loved the Grandpa report from last night . He knows how much he is loved ❤️

Squalliesmom and Beck and Philly like this.
  20. Noah & me (GA)

@Beth 73 Have I told you this before? Elmo was my daddy's boy before we moved in together. That name will bring you luck.
    Grandpa's big city cousin observing his domain from the 7th floor. "This is all mine. Obey me!"
    elmo03.JPG

21. Beck and Philly

Beautiful pic

22. Beth 73

Awww, Dickson , thanks for sharing :bighug: Elmo cheated death early on as a kitten , sitting by the side of a busy two lane highway. Someone rescued him , brought him to animal shelter and we took it from there . He is one special boy !

23. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful pic! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Good. I was coming by this morning to check you had got some sleepies. Very pleased to read this for you.

25. Noah & me (GA)

Barking dog? Cat threw up in your shoe? Can't remember what sleep felt like?
    xanax-25.jpg

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.