? 9/3 Scooter PMPS 85 Continue to hold dose???

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Scooter, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-26-scooter-amps-88.201675/#post-2242960

I didn't realize how long it had been since I was here until I went to find the link to my last condo. It was a really crazy busy week! I hope all Scooter's friends had a good week. Scooter and I will be trying to catch up shortly.

Scooter is doing well. I just love all the greens and low blues and he's staying away from the sharks! I'm not sure what to do with his dose at this point. I have read the reductions info, but I'm not sure if he qualifies as staying "under 100 overall for at least 1 week". I would greatly appreciate one of you experienced people looking at his SS and telling me what to do.

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

He has pretty much stayed below 120 the last week and has mostly stayed around or lower than 100. I see a few cycles that look like an inverted curve (which can mean too much insulin in a cat with mostly green numbers).

It’s worth taking him down in dose. At the dose he’s at, we’d usually reduce by 0.5u. If you see a trend towards more or higher blue, don’t sit on it...take him back up immediately so you don’t lose ground.

Sound good?

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Sound good! Would it be ok to take him from skinny 9 to 8.5??? Not quite a full .5, but it woul d be nice to be back on a line! Thanks Marne!

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yes, of course. Good luck!