9/4 Doodles AMPS 179 +10.5 43 +11 64 PMPS 67 (BCS) +1 99 +2 97 +4 95 +7 106 +8.5 115

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doodles & Karen, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Doodles 9/3 The flattest cycle ever yesterday which is fine. He felt good ... was being bossy and very hungry.

Last night at PM+3 he decided to chase Moo around the house like he was hunting her , jumping off the back of couches, had her cornered etc. I had to intervene twice :nailbiting: Luckily she a fast little thing and believe it all started over a toy. :rolleyes: Of course there is only 1 toy in the house:rolleyes: He tired quickly after that. Then at PM+11 I woke up to the sound of Doodles coughing which makes me jump. He did some labored breathing and moaning for about 15 minutes. I stayed with him on the floor and then made coffee. No use going back to sleep after that. It's great that he's feeling good but that kind of rigorous activity will stress his heart. I've come to the rationalization that I'd rather he go out having fun and feeling good instead of getting so sick that he has zero QOL at the end. Don't mean to sound morbid but it's reality for him.

He ate good at breakfast, the windows and doors are open with a nice crisp 73 degrees this morning and he's happily watching the bunnies and birds :joyful:

Lots of vines and prayers for all the kitties and beans.

Kathy and TiTi and Cheryl8 like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending lots of breathing vines to Doodles and hugs to his mama bean :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Adding more :bighug::bighug::bighug:...

5. Doodles & Karen

He's playing ice hockey after a short after breakfast nap.

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

That is so wonderful that Doodles is being so active. Doodles, please be nice to Moo.

Ohhh, ice hockey sounds like a wonderfully fun activity.

I am so sorry about the coughing and breathing incident. :bighug::bighug:

7. Doodles & Karen

I don't know what gives with these two sometimes. Doodles has never been aggressive but since DX more than once he's gone after her like prey. Even DH got up to intervene and told Doodles ...stop that you're going to give yourself a heart attack! Never a dull moment around here :rolleyes:

saltycat likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the scare last night. I'm glad he's feeling playful today. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

So much going on there, but the main thing is he is enjoying himself :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Doodles & Karen

Looks like the Doodles is clearing his bounce today. Plans officially canceled.

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

He's on the move. Any chance and it's a small one that the chasing Moo and being active set off the coughing? When Tux goes after Tripper and it's relentless until Tux is caught and put in time out room, Tripper is so stressed she starts coughing then vomits a couple of times.

12. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Glad we are not the only ones who schedule around the kitty!:cat:
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Carol & Murphy (GA)

He looks good in blue

14. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Doodles. The cat who rules the roost! As it should be.

Be safe Mr. D. Play well, perhaps just a wee bit less exuberantly!

Hugs Karen.

Marilyn and Polly

15. Doodles & Karen

Exactly what I think brought it on. To much running around like a maniac is not good for him. Seems fine now though!

16. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending play nicely with Moo vines.....:bighug::bighug:I had a CKD kittie who when he was having days where he felt really good would chase and mount his civvie Lola!:woot: And he was 19 and they were both long neutered! Was so bizarre. Guess feeling good feels so good they get all kinds of wild ideas!:eek:
    Glad Doodles was feeling so spry, sounds like he was having a fabulous cat time! :cat:
    Hope this evening doesn't require too many pots of coffee:coffee::coffee::bighug:

17. Olive & Paula

@jayla-n-Drevon you are to funny. I don't leave the house until +4 so I know Smokey is safe. Any appointment that could keep me out longer than 2 hrs including travel time, I schedule on the days DH is home. Even then I call hubby to make sure Smokey ate and is okay.

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  18. Doodles & Karen

Even after his regular meal @ +3.5 the boy is dropping. Gave 2 tsp of MC & +5.5

ETA: actually more like .5oz of MC.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  19. Doodles & Karen

There is a couple we go out with sometimes that always wants us to make plans. Our answer is always.... Depends on what Doodles says and won't know until an hour before. They don't get it and you'd think they would stop asking by now lol

20. Doodles & Karen

BTW...we miss Dre & Rico condo's :smuggrin::smuggrin:;)

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  21. Olive & Paula

Moving moving moving, keep those cattle moving....... okay Doodles time for a rest.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  22. Cheryl8

Cheryl8 Member

It is so hard to have plans. So many times I don't accept an invite and he is fine. Other times I accept and then have to cancel. I've started saying no so I don't have to be rude and cancel at the last minute.

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see someone is "pulling a Doodle". :D:confused::stop:

Great to hear he feels he's got energy to spare. In my chat with the cardiologist this last week, he commented that Neko's heart is fine for the life of a sedentary indoor cat. LOL! Of course, she's old and not into shenanigans (in spite of how much the civie wants to).

We had dinner last night with good friends. When we asked what time dinner was they said "after cat time". And they'll often schedule either appy's or main course before, take a break while I spin home for TFS, then dessert later. Last night we missed appy's, but the rest of the guests had to wait for us for main course. :) Having an FD cat tells you who your good friends are.

24. Olive & Paula

So cool Wendy. They schedule around cat time. Those friends are keepers.

I know when I don't show at a town meeting, I get a call "is it Smokey or your dad?"

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  25. Cheryl8

Cheryl8 Member

Those ARE god friends! :cat::cat::cat: I am happy to stay home with him. I am at work so much that I treasure the time at home with Teddy.

26. Doodles & Karen

It also tells you how good your marriage is :p:p:p It's all good...none of our "real" friends live in AZ so it's no biggie but the few acquaintances are starting to "get it"

The MC @ +5.5 has put the breaks on. He just ate his +8.5 snack (LC) so now we wait :nailbiting: It would be nice if he cooperates.

27. Olive & Paula

Of course he'll cooperate. He's Doodles

.[​IMG]

28. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Looks like his new look gave him all kind of ideas about diving and chasing his sister. :rolleyes: Doodles, I doubt that that's why your mama bean took you to the groomer.

Well, there's only one toy that counts, of course: and that's the toy that the other cat has. :smuggrin:

29. Doodles & Karen

43 @ +10.5...2 tsp gravy. Not sure what to do for PMPS @Wendy&Neko

30. Wendy&Neko

Can you shoot late tonight? Let's see if he comes up and stays there or is stubborn.

31. Doodles & Karen

I'm going to get another test in about 10 min. Was going to weigh in on if he's stubborn or not too. I can shoot late just not my preference...he has an internal clock about what time he eats :arghh: A 1/2 hour -45 min late is manageable.

32. Olive & Paula

He went a little to far. The stinker.

33. Doodles & Karen

Nice quick bump with 18%. If I test him at +12.5 can I shoot? I'll still likely only go with a BCS because I'm a chicken and he's getting reduced to 5.75 tomorrow.

34. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Looks like Doodles is still keeping you on your toes. I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.

35. Doodles & Karen

I hope you're doing good Peg. A new picture of Willy is always welcome! :bighug::bighug:

36. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

It might sound strange but I would rather have low numbers than high. I like the idea of the pancreas having a chance to heal. You go Doodles but surf safe for Mama:bighug::bighug::)
    Doodles is an encouragement for Fritz to keep going:cat::):)

37. Doodles & Karen

Well the saying is there's not much we can do to get them out of high numbers sometimes but we can get them out of low numbers. I use to be OK with low numbers but since IAA and his heart issues I don't like it much.

38. Doodles & Karen

@Wendy&Neko I'm going to test him at regular PMPS time (30 min). As long as he's the same or up I plan to go ahead and shoot a BCS of 3u. If he's over 100 (significant rise ) I'll consider shooting the 5.75u. I know it would be a little early but....think I can handle his numbers. What do you think?

For any lurkers....this is for Doodles only...do not copy. You should never copy advise from any other kitty.

39. Wendy&Neko

Sounds like a plan, and looks like you did it already. Sorry for the late reply - I was late for kitty snack time. :oops:

40. Doodles & Karen

Kitty snacky time is most important! I was talking out loud and thought it would be Ok so no worries. He might drop early but I'm here to catch him..or he might bounce. It's harder for me to shoot full doses when he's such a late nadir, unpredictable cat. Still traumatized by the 20's not long ago so not in risk taking mode. If he sky rockets I might shoot 6u one more time in the morning.

41. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending tons of Doodle Bug surf vines and hugs to you...:bighug:

42. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

43. Judy and Boomer

Doodles! Seriously can't you hold it steady at a lovely 99?
    Sending some coffee your way Karen! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

44. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Looks like Doodles has been reading the boards again! He sure is pulling a Doodle on you tonight! He and Jack can hang out close to shore, or lounge on some chairs on the beach with a lot of luck.:p Good to hear the boy is still enjoying the finer points of life, chasing icecubes and civvie's, wonder if putting in a little intervention after a few minutes could see if it reduces his poor coughing sessions. Jack's coughed a couple times recently and it sure does get your attention quick. I can't image 15 minutes of it.

45. Doodles & Karen

Oh we intervened but he was relentless. The coughing happened 7 hours later and yes with heart failure it's very unnerving. Hope Captain Jack takes a break tonight and stays on the shore!

46. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I just want to throw a thought out there. You know him pretty well so I know you'll consider it but then you'll do what is best for you all...which is the best way to do it. I know with his heart condition and the IAA, you are ok with him being in blue and yellow and I think that is reasonable.

He seems to be in a bit of a pattern, though, of clearing a bounce and going lower, you reduce the dose, he bounces in pink and yellow for 2-3 cycles and then he clears a bounce and the whole thing repeats. I know you don't like him in the 40s and anything lower is definitely reduction time. But if you were able to keep him from getting into the 40s on a bounce clearing cycle, then he might flatten out more in blue numbers.

It's up to you but if you can prevent those drops into the 40 (because bounce clearing cycles are active ones), then you could hold the doses and he might spend less time in pink and more time in blue. Or else he will do it his own way ;)

Just something to consider before you decide on whether to reduce the dose.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

47. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

That would be Mr. Bossy Pants:p

New territory for Jack and I, but we have some great experienced guides here to help understand this new reduction thing. So far he isn't quite ready to not be the center of attention, I'm still on alert till he proves he won't go swimming to far out.

Good start for Doodles, hope the low pmps and bcs offset for a nice beach night.

48. Doodles & Karen

I'm already thinking about holding his dose but wasn't willing to shoot the full dose tonight. There's an issue with him be a late nadir cat. I held the 6.5u for 2 drops and ended in the 20's. Last time I reduced because he stayed low and green during a BCS and I fed him MC and gravy during that cycle from preventing a drop because you're right, I don't like him in the 40's or worse lower :) Today wasn't bad and he came up nicely so that's why I'm thinking about holding the dose tomorrow. Hopefully he won't go too high but he might for a few cycles. I always value your perspective Marje...thank you :bighug::bighug:

49. Marje and Gracie

Quite often what I see is not a late nadir but a bounce clearing cycle and when that happens, they usually do drop to the next PS so it seems like a late nadir (and I suppose you could call it that). That's common. But when he's not clearing a bounce, I don't see too many true late nadirs. Just my thoughts from standing back and looking at his SS.

I hope he won't go too high and I also hope he won't pull another 20s stunt on you. That is frightening, especially when you wake up to it.

You're welcome and I hope you get some sleep tonight.

50. Wendy&Neko

Karen - I was wondering if there was a way to stop or slow down those end of cycle dives that Doodles seems so fond of. Especially on those bounce clearing cycles. I don't see what you've been feeding him on your spreadsheet to see if there is a trend, but today you fed MC at +5.5 but just LC at +8.5. If you see him low at +8 or +9, just wondering if there's a chance to prevent that drop with a little MC at that point instead of LC, or maybe higher % LC. Ideally it would be nice to have him higher at PMPS (which is when he always does it :rolleyes:) so that you can shoot that full dose. The BCS combined with bounce means it's taking him a while to get back to blues.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  51. Doodles & Karen

You're correct. The only wet food he gets is ZP and when he's coming down it really does nothing. ZP Lamb usually slows him which is what I fed him at +8.5 today. Next time I'll pull out the MC but today after the 5.5 slow down his was flat. Didn't shoot the full dose because of the HC at 10.5. I struggle to get him to eat the MC at times so also looking for a new one:rolleyes: Take a look at 9/1...@ AM+8.5 he was 183...would you have given MC? He ended up at 57. While hindsight says I should've gotten a +10 it didn't even seem necessary and do like to limit my over testing;) 8/26 AM was a beautiful blue cycle...downward movement but nothing crazy and a nice PMPS. The PM cycle he decided to try and surf green and yes I dropped the ball by sleeping through the alarm and woke up to the 26 so that was my fault. Another quick example is 8/18 AM+8 he was 74 and clearing a bounce, he surfed nicely and the PM cycle he continued to rise. If I would've given MC then would it have backfired and sent him higher? He is unpredictable and sometimes making that split second decision on what to feed isn't easy. On the next bounce clearing day which should be soon...I'll take a look at that +8.5 feeding a bit more closely. It's a good suggestion so thanks for bringing to my attention. Although he's much better eater he's still picky and 1/2 the time I'm holding my breath hoping he'll eat what I want him to. I like to keep him on the every 4 hour schedule with the ZP and dry food he gets ...it doesn't give him a tummy ache. Anything else in the mix throws him off with the IBD :arghh: By taking only 1/4 unit reductions this time my hope was to get him surfing better but he's failed the class.

On Lantus before all this nonsense I never had to bring out HC and barely used MC even when he dropped below 50. Getting up at 2:30am to feed him every night is exhausting and most days I look and feel like train wreck. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. Sorry if it seems like I just bit your head off, it's really not my intent. If it wasn't for you and Marje continuing to help Doodles with his dosing and these suggestions I'd be lost :bighug::bighug:

I don't agree Marje, 7 out of 10 times his preshots are his nadirs.

52. Judy and Boomer

Nice numbers last night Doodles!

53. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Karen and @Wendy&Neko - Murphy seems to have the same IBD issues and I'm wondering what MC and HC food you feed - I'm struggling to find something without carrageenan or the gums

54. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I get that Karen.

55. Marje and Gracie

This time it is me that has to say "you are correct" because I was looking at his SS from a Lantus view and later I remembered that he is on lev so I should amend my comments and apologize!

I think it is hard to learn to shoot those lower numbers with lev and I am sure the IAA in the mix leaves you a bit :nailbiting: Normally, those green PMPS, even dropping, would be fine to shoot the full dose but I get your situation. You can try the +8/+9 feeding when he's dropping but I often found that when Gracie was doing this, feeding at +10 with LC helped her more. I wasn't trying to elevate the PMPS, I was just making sure she would slow down or stop so I could have a shootable (full dose) PMPS. ECID so see what works with Doodles. The food I used when she needed something more than the ZP was Cats in the Kitchen Pumpkin Lickin Chicken (12%) and it worked like a charm......if he will eat it.

56. Doodles & Karen

I will pick some of that up thanks.

Never a need to apologies. You could likely tell I was in high stress mode. I love to shoot green. Only a few times has it worked out for him but we'll try again and with the MC around +8 and maybe another snack @+10 if needed. :bighug::bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.