9/4 Gordy AMPS 354 | PMPS 225, +2.5=206, +4.5=134

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Sep 4, 2018.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...5-178-8-64-9-77-10-109-pmps-265-3-238.202045/

A little surprised by this pink... Gordy must know I go back to work today lol. Hopefully he comes back down slowly today.

I've decided to not stress too much about the ringworm. My whole house has been exposed, so tonight I'll vacuum (its due for it anyway) and clean some. No use doing too much cleaning until I have seen the vet. I think I get off tomorrow early, so i can head back to the clinic. *sigh* Raptor is due for a vaccination anyway.

I'm gonna leave her out today. Hopefully she behaves enough that she stays out of Gordy's way. She seems to have learned to be apprehensive around him.... which is probably good. Lol.

Right now she is finishing Rex's breakfast. Poor middle kitty Rex. =(

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Bummer about the ringworm! Just how easily is it transmitted? Sounds like the other cats stay clear of her so maybe you'll be okay. And maybe the collar she was wearing contained it.........fingers crossed.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck... and I agree with you about Gordy knowing you have to work and won't be home to monitor (ie feed him every few minutes). :smuggrin:

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

Since its a fungus, it gets transported by spores on the fur. Luckily she doesnt shed much yet, so hopefully it'll mainly be me effected.

From what I read.... special baths to kill the fungus and lots of cleaning is what takes to get rid of it.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the ringworm. I hope you can get rid of it quickly. I hope Gordy slides back down today.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you can get rid of the ringworm quickly. Surf safe today Gordy.

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 225

I hope he gradually came down during the day....

I came home to a live kitten! LOL today was the first time I let Raptor be free when I am not home.

I got out of work late .... never fails when i have a stop to make on my way home. I stopped at the pet store, got Rex some Cats in the Kitchen (which she LOVED), a new toy (that I am sure she'll never touch again) and some weird meat treat stick from Sheba (she thought it was rad). Happy belated "birthday" to my middle child LOL [I was was considering finally buying a cat condo thing.... but not until I know if Raptor transported ringworm or not.]

As I was typing that... Gordy threw his dinner up. I am wondering if the FF Beef isn't agreeing with him. Thats what he had the other day when he threw up. I guess I'll see if he keeps the replacement meal (of dry) down. He finished that... just to turn and eat the rest of his beef dinner. (the kitten is happily eating it now ... i dont know where she is putting all of this food.)

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bubba throws up within 15-20 minutes of eating beef. It is a fairly common protein that cats can't handle. I gave it three times and got the same result and said, "no more".

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Same here with my civvie Keena. I refuse to buy anything that says beef on the label. I just picked up some of those Cats in the Kitchen cans yesterday! Lol Did your store have buy 4, get 1 free?

10. CassAndGordy(GA)

He threw up again. Ugh.
    bitmoji-20180904071743.png
    I am thinking its the beef.... never had this issue until recently. He is sitting out in the open... so he isn't feeling sick or anything. I have a timer set to remind myself to feed him once his stomachhas time to settle.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

It's the beef........

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

I reading about y'all on another thread the other day. I have one more can I can try .... on another day.... and if it makes him sick again, I guess it'll be off the table. That sucks... he won't eat the plain chicken pate and I personally have something against T&G... so that will really leave Chopped Feast and Chicken & Liver (since rex can't handle fish very well). I have a few cans of Chicken and Beef.... hopefully its not as dangerous lol

And I didn't notice if the cans were on sale or not... its not normally something I buy since its out of my price range. :oops: but my baby girl is worth it

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I don't buy fish, but fish is in almost every flavor anyway. :banghead:

I don't normally buy that either, but hey it was on sale and I need to find something to entice Keena to eat more than a few licks. His diet is mostly Dr. Elsey's dry. He rejected Wellness a while ago. :blackeye:

You can always give beef to Rex and other flavors to Gordy. Just refrigerate until they are eaten up.

14. CassAndGordy(GA)

+4.5=134

We are in the process of soaking in some Groomers Goop. I have been putting washing his back legs and feet too long. He is not happy. I just couldn't take it anymore. He had sooooo much nasty stuck to him.

ETA: I also purchased a steam cleaner to try out on my couch so i don't have to resort to spraying my furniture down with Lysol.... which is definitely not ideal in a pet household.

Gordy did not appreciate the bath. I was really just concentrating on his legs and tail base. Hopefully I got enough of the gunk off of him, he can go back to grooming himself normally. He also was rewarded/consoled by some HC.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.