9/4 Rosie AMPS 118 + 4 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rose is having a good day. Much better appy and productive LB action. :) No photos, but for those really interested, it started out hard and became much softer. I'm thinking this is all about the disruption to her 2x / day regular lactulose. I just made another funny about poop - not having her regular medication made her not be regular. :p

I still can't explain what has happened, but she was definitely constipated, which would normally make her BG higher. Since it went lower I made some drastic reductions in dose. My question yesterday was how do I know where to reset her dose. @Bobbie And Bubba suggested the numbers would guide me. I think we are going to hold at 2U until she indicates she wants more juice.

It was me feeling greedy seeing only high greens that made me increase to a point that became unsafe because of the constipation complication. I feel like we are starting over, but this has happened before so I'll just go back to making conservative increases if needed. 2U which may have been depot influenced still got her to a high green so that is good. The fact she is feeling better makes it even better! :D

Vines to all those in need including the IMs. I understand they have once again become endangered. :cat:

Yesterday.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It might be the 2 is going to prove too low with her nadir today. Now that she has had some LB action you'll have to see where she ends up. I have a feeling you will be taking her back to at least 3 possible 3.5. The 47 last night was under the 4 u dose influence.

Is it possible with her being constipated she was eating less which contributed to the lower BGs?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rosie is doing better today.

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree, Bronx goes low exactly the same way when he is so constipated that he doesn't have a great appy.

5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I think you guys are right. I am just not used to her not eating with enthusiasm. New data point. Thanks for watching out for us.