9/5 Grandpa AMPS 479, +8 414, PMPS 279

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Last thread

We are in the "getting back on track" mode, I guess. Sunday night Grandpa ate his snack and a quarter can of 9Lives before helping a couple of the others with their 9Lives. Just as before, he didn't have an appetite the next day or today. That tells me that I have to more closely monitor his food intake.

Yesterday he slept most of the day although he did join the gang at the front door whenever I let the dog out. It has become a ritual that Trixie gets a treat when she comes back in and the cats get treats as well. Grandpa loves the Stella & Chewy freeze dried duck.

When he was going low at night, I used all of my AlphaTrak strips but one. I had 200 Freestyle InsulinX strips and 100 AT strips ordered, but they weren't here yet. I had to start using the meter I bought for ketones -NovaMax Plus since I had 100 glucose strips for it. I actually like that meter.

Yesterday the first order of InsulinX strips arrived. I can't see any difference between them and the AT strips. They even have the same butterfly logo in the same spot. We did some comparison testing last night and the AT meter was reading about 100 mg higher than the NM. So, after a day in blue yesterday on the NM, we are back in red for today's AMPS on the AT.

So now I have a cat in the red who doesn't want to eat. But I have a Grandpa who woke up chasing my fingers and putting his sweet old noggin in my hand for neck rubs. We'll carry on, figure out the strips, find a food he likes, and move ahead.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It does seem that you've learned something about how extra food intake affects him. I'm glad he was perky this AM. :)

Beck and Philly likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and hugs to you and sweet Grandpa , Beck :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Beck and Philly

Thank goodness for Stella & Chewy freeze dried nuggets. Grandpa won't touch can food right now, but if I soak the nuggets in warm water and give them to him one-by-one he loves them. I think he thinks they're treats.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Food intake is a very delicate tightrope walk with Bubba. Extra fuds can really change the numbers for some cats.

That is a big difference between meters! It can make you crazy if you routinely use two different meters. I have a AT meter in the basement my friend gave me when her kitty passed. I am to afraid to use it...... :eek:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

He's not daft is he.

C'mon Grandpa. Eat your proper fuds for Beck.

Beth 73 likes this.
  7. Beck and Philly

I swear I feel like a superstitious scientist sometimes. If I give just a drop too much of this or a degree too cold of that or forget to stand on one leg for three minutes before testing only in the left ear on Thursday, Grandpa will be out of tune.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

It will get more fine tuned! I felt the same way earlier on. :)

9. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I want video of you standing on one leg for three minutes (without wobbling, mind you) testing only in the left ear on Thursday. Tomorrow is Thursday, no excuses!

10. Beck and Philly

Someone is feeling better. He ate his S&C dinner lightning fast and decided he should join in pizza night.

20180905_210137.jpg

11. Bobbie And Bubba

He is so stinking cute!

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm.....pizza...sizzling slice of grease, dairy and meat....

13. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

That is a mega cheeky chops there. :cat:

You've entered him for the FDMB calendar have you?

Beth 73 and Beck and Philly like this.
  14. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

What an adorable face, a picture of wistfulness. Can I has some please?

Beck and Philly and Beth 73 like this.
  15. Beck and Philly

Not yet but I want to.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  16. Beth 73

Oh my gosh...oh my gosh ❤️❤️❤️❤️ He is so cheeky and precious . Brings me to tears :bighug: What a special , blessed boy ❤️

17. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

How can anyone not LOVE this kitty??!! :bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss:

18. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Not only is he adorable, but I think he has tons of personality!

19. Beth 73

Good night, Grandpa ❤️ Beck , thanks to that photo I have Grandpa on the brain as I go to sleep tonight :bighug: Sweet dreams and deep sleep to you too, dear momma bean ❤️

20. Beck and Philly

That he does!

21. Beck and Philly

Thank you! Sleep well!