9/5 Tina AMPS 120 +2 132 +3 110 +6 99 +8 110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning!

Last night was the first no-carb Gaba! This morning will be fun to watch, to see if her rise by +3 is lower. I doubt one day will tell too much, but we will see.

I placed the "treat" on a plate and presented it. I had cut in half to make two small treats. She took one in her mouth, ended up dropping it and walking off. I simply crushed and mixed in her food, which she ate:)

Yesterday, Tina followed me back and forth, and into wrong rooms, trying to chase down what the other cats were eating. It's so fun to have her back. She's trotting some, and walking much more smoothly. I have started taking little videos of her, so I can see how she's getting better. I messed up by not taking videos when she was at her lowest point. It was sad and I was embarrassed for her because she's more like a strong, steady, lioness in personality, not that sad condition I was seeing. If she had to get somewhere fast, she practically dragged her rear end. And for so long, I was told the arthritis was worse. One lady at the vet's office thought I was OCD over Tina in general. I know the past cannot be changed. The future for Tina just keeps looking better. She's always been my favorite cat, and I am so very glad my other cats can't read. Especially the one on the table with me! Admitting to a favorite seems wrong.

I hope you all have a special kind of day, in your own special way (my dad likes to say that). I'm off for another eye doc appt. One more time, to decide on cataract surgery or new glasses. There is so much going on, not sure I'm up for the surgery . . . yet:)

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Happy to hear how good Tina is doing!
    [​IMG]

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Awwww...that's so touching. You know you just have a soft spot for the neediest cat..Tina needed her mama to watch her closely - and you did it! I'm happy that she's improving...there are others here with neuropathy, I'm hoping they'll read your condo and how insulin can help that issue! Back to being a Lioness...your Royal Highness!

Have a good day - even with the ophthalmologist. I hope everything works out!

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Correction from yesterday, minor but important to me!

From Lyane: Surprise for the 6.6% carb but a good explanation for the yellow! ;)
    @Ti-Mousse - my mistake! Tina's +8 dinner on 8/6 was 10% carbs instead of the 6.6% I first stated. Now that yellow reading makes even more sense! Her normal food is 3.9%.
    (For a time, I was not using Dry Matter Basis, but As Fed, to figure carb percentage.) The 6.6% was actually Tiki Cat After Dark Chick and Quail Eggs that she won't be having much now!

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh so glad to be reading that she is improving!! It is horrible to see them struggle to move.

You are allowed to have a favorite. I tell Lucy Lu, my drooler she is my favorite dog all the time and then I tell Ricky he is my favorite boy dog. Bubba is my favorite cat now that he is my only cat. :rolleyes:

I use to write on the lids of cat food there carb % and keep the higher one in a separate place so I wouldn't accidentally give to him unless I was steering.

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I love what you said about having multiple favorites!
    I have my various carb lids marked now too. Tina loves her Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken w/low phosphorus and LC.
    I adore Bubba! Please give scritches or kisses - whatever he prefers!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice update for Tina. Nice numbers today. Good luck with whatever you decide about your eyes. Sending prayers.