9/6 Nelli AMPS 328 +1.5 335 +5 245

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Krystina and Nelli!!

Glad to see you increased the dose today. I saw the discussion on yesterday's Condo and wanted to toss in a few words.

One of the best ways to learn about FD is if you study her SS and think about your win asnwer to the question you need to ask. If you write down in your condo what your thought process is and what you think you should do, then we can tell you whether it’s logical or what other options might be.

In regard to your question yesterday about whether you should increase to 5u today even tho there was a FS, here are my thoughts.

She already had more than 8 consecutive cycles at 4.75u and so the plan already was to increase the dose. In that case, the FS had no bearing on whether you increased or not.

But let’s say she had only 6 consecutive cycles on the dose but was seeing blue and we wanted her to have 8 when you gave the fur shot. Then you would hold the dose until you had the correct number of consecutive cycles.

Is that what you would have said? :):)

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I like Marje's idea of writing down what you would do in the post to see what you think you should do. It will help you see if the reasoning is sound and others can help your tweak things.

So today is no surprise she is higher with the FS last night. And don't be surprised if she stays higher next cycle too as the depot has to build up again.

Good job gathering data!

4. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks... but I need clarification on this:
    “But let’s say she had only 6 consecutive cycles on the dose but was seeing blue and we wanted her to have 8 when you gave the fur shot. Then you would hold the dose until you had the correct number of consecutive cycles.”
    Am I correct to understand- if I was heading for eight cycles and at six there was an FS I would not shoot on next two cycles?

5. Krystina & Nelli

Ok. Thanks Bobbie.
    I am left confused tho :confused:
    I thought because she had “a depot “, the high numbers wouldn’t show so low, as they have?
    *This is all such a large learning curve for me, which is somewhat maddening.
    I am a very smart and… logical person?
    o_O

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

No that isn’t what it says.

“...then you would hold the dose until you had the correct number of consecutive cycles.”

It doesn’t say “withhold” the dose. By holding the dose, it means you would keep shooting the dose you were shooting before the FS until you had the # of consecutive cycles you were working towards.

7. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks. Sorry.
    I am so very stressed, Marje.
    Nelli is somewhere in age between 19 & 21. I do not (currently) have any other brightness in my life, other than her.
    I know we all have problems we all have “issues”, a full of life or less-hope life.
    I am facing a very difficult passage in my life more so than any other decade proceeding. Thank you for your patience with me I greatly, greatly appreciate you. Muah. Metta. Thanks.

8. Krystina & Nelli

I see clearly now what you said. “Hold the dose not... withhold the dose.
    Please bear with me :)

9. Bobbie And Bubba

:bighug:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

Whenever there is a FS or a reduced dose the Depot has to rebuild.

It takes about 4 cyles for a depot to fill.