9/7 Tina AMPS 120 +3 218 +6 184 <Hairball +8 100 PMPS 127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Day 13 on .62U

Happy Caturday!
    Another 100 degree day forecast for today. At least the mornings are a little bit cooler and walking my dog is more fun - we are dreaming of 50-60 degree days though.
    Tina wants to play and chit chat with all the kitties for a while today. They do all have quite a bit in common, you know. They could compare ears and such, and then get on to more serious cat stuff. Who knows, they might even talk about their beans, like we talk about them!

Wishing you all well:bighug:

2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday to you too!!
    I have Yoyo sworn to silence:joyful:

3. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I’m enjoying the cooler mornings too! They have a fall feel to them. I’m very ready for cooler days!

Tina is off to a good start this morning. Hopefully all the kitties will decide to head to the beach for a swim!
    Have a great weekend!

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

What a sinking feeling. It looks like she didn't get her insulin; maybe I missed the shot in the midst of the routine. I don't remember forgetting the shot.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well, darn...where'd that yellow come from? I hope she got her shot and she's just throwing out the odd number...seems like these cats love to do that sort of thing...fingers/paws crossed it was a one-off...and she'll go back down later today...

Sounds mighty warm there...kinda chilly here in SE Michigan today...feels like Fall...trees are starting to turn...pretty sunny day though...just gotta wear a sweater now...soon I'll actually have to find my shoes - my real shoes, not just sandals...ugh.:mad:

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't tell me you're getting old and starting to forget shots.... :p :joyful: Don't worry, it's probably one of those weird numbers we get sometimes and don't know why; you'll see next test will be better !:)
    I feel so sorry for you to have such a hot weather.... here it's 61F and I'm happy with that!!

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thank you for your words and encouragement. I am shocked at how sad this makes me. I feel crushed.
    I wear sandals almost all year. When it is under 40, I consider real shoes!!!
    In remembering the shot, she did look at me. I've been shooting in the side, belly area. This morning was a smaller tented area. What if I shot right through. Grrrrrr.

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Sixty degrees would make me spring into the air with joy!! I need joy now:(:) Tina is just sleeping with her back legs stretched out. Good to see, instead of legs scrunched in before she started getting more feeling back.

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Unless her fur was wet or you smelled insulin - or almost poked yourself in the finger (like I did) I saw the needle!!:eek: Darn nearly gave myself a shot...she probably got it...it happens. Don't beat yourself up...there'll be another opportunity in just a few hours...:bighug:

10. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I never tent or pinch the skin. I just part his fur till I see skin & shoot at an angle, just under the skin. I've never done a fur shot. Did one in the beginning when I tented & shot into the scruff.That's why I switched to his side & don't tent anymore.

[​IMG]

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

This is my first miss, if that's what it is. Thank you for the descriptive visual.
    I pull up and shoot parallel to the body. It's easier to shoot the scruff, but I quit that too.
    She is next to me on her side now. If I caught her lying down instead of standing, those side shots would be easier (more loose skin).
    Thanks JoyBee.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

After a drink of water, Tina walked toward me as I rounded the corner, and looked down at a hairball on the ground.
    Could that raise BG? I'm thinking maybe yes? She has been grooming more thoroughly, recently.
    There just has to be an answer for that rise, lol!!

13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Looks like a hairball was the BG rise culprit. She got a good brushing:)

14. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Could be the hairball. I’ve heard of them causing numbers to go up a bit. Sometimes they just give us a higher number because they can. :p

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Hairballs can raise BG. I hope Tina keeps coming back down.