9/8 Cameron AMPS 294,+2.5 193,+6 298, +9 195

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Leah, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Leah

Leah Member

Yesterday

Good morning L&L! Technically it's afternoon here, I suppose.

Looking at his SS, do you think he's bouncing from going so low at nadir? I wasn't able to get frequent tests this morning, as the local movie theatre was having a $1 showing of Ferdinand so I took the 11 year old :)

I'm just concerned that he frequently seems to go so high so quickly after nadir. I"m going to try taking the food possibility out of things tomorrow, by making sure to test before I feed lunch (usually around +5 or +6 depending upon appetite). I just haven't thought there might be a connection until now.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a bounce. Food doesn't have an impact on bounces. Just wait for it to break. :bighug:

Leah likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Leah. Good day to go to the movies while Cameron is bouncing. The bounce can last up to 6 cycles or 3 days.

Some Kitties do zoom up after nadir if fed as it is like putting the brakes on the insulin. So you might want to experiment with feeding him all his calories in both cycles prior to nadir and see how that works for him. Right now, he is bouncing and as Mandy said, you just have to be patient and let it clear.

Leah likes this.
  4. Leah

Leah Member

I just reviewed the 'basics' sticky, and really studied hard the '1.5 month' graph and i think that's kind of how Cameron looks right now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Weird! I meant to post the above about ten minutes after i posted the original. Apparently it's also a good day for an unexpected nap on the couch ha!

Glad to hear that he is bouncing and he's not just a weird cat (cause he's honestly the best cat) ;)

5. Leah

Leah Member

Aaaand i took his +9 and he's dipping his toe beans into the blue haha

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think there's a bounce as well. Cameron may be clearing the bounce fairly quickly, though. One thought is that I wonder if the 298 at +6 was a bad test/bad strip. It seems like it's an out of sync number given the +2 and +9. Sometimes, if you think the test number looks odd, it's helpful to retest.

Leah likes this.
  7. Leah

Leah Member

I'll try that next time, thanks!