9/8 Gordy AMPS 201, +5.5=44/45, +6=52, +8=54

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Sep 8, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2438599/

Well well well. Gordy just put a stop to some of my errands. I even had my shoes on! He got some gravy lovers. I guess I'll hang out for a little longer and make sure they do the trick. *sigh*

Rex.... I am not sure what's going in with her. No vomit over night and none so far today. But she has eaten very little. I called the vet yesterday and let them know I'll be dropping her off on Monday morning to get to the bottom of it. Yesterdays were more regurgitation than vomit so its an odd mixed bag. I can't really afford a bunch of tests so hopefully they can figure it out with a simple bloodtest and abdominal xray. I am worried whatever this stomach issue of hers is getting worse. I may need to invest in figuring out exactly what it is.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It sounds like Gordy was wanting a bit of attention!!

Have you tried novel proteins with Rex?

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

+8=54

Hmmmm.

He was certainly not wanting me to go to Target. But I think he is cool with the idea now.
    20190908_150731.jpg

What are novel proteins exactly? I gotta try something new at this point.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

As an example, my civvie was eating only poultry (turkey or chicken) for most of his life. He developed IBD and I switched him to protein sources that he'd never been exposed to -- pork, venison, or lamb/rabbit. (Beef and fish are also foods cats are prone to be allergic to.). ZiwiPeak is pricey but it's very high quality and has no by-products, gums, or carrageenan in it.

I never fed any of my cats beef or fish. My vet also told me to avoid duck because Gizmo has been eating poultry and the proteins would be related.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Gordy. I guess he wanted some attention today. I hope you can figure out what is going on with Rex. Sending prayers.

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

I was thinking of food allergy... Turkey has seemed to give her issues in the past and she is basically on a chicken diet now. I got a bunch of different food the other day - lamb and something else I can't remember. Hmmmm... i hope she doesn't form an allergy to chicken =( without feeding them fish and beef, it'll make it hard. (I give fish stuff in occasional and avoid beef because Gordy is sensitive to it)

7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Gordy looks quite royal in his castle!

I know dogs and cats are different, but I’ve had great success with the novel proteins for my drooler with food allergies. Hope you get Rex figured out.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

If she has issues with turkey, I'd avoid chicken. Look at ZiwiPeak. There are a couple of other limited ingredient foods out there -- I think Royal Canin has a limited ingredient venison but it has peas in it. I think it's about 8% carb. The ZiwiPeak venison and the lamb/rabbit combo are both 3%.