9/8Ravan/amps249/+5 473/pmps414/+5 73/+6 54/+8 120/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Sep 8, 2018.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Ugh to bounces. I hope it doesn't last too long and Ravan comes back down for you. Our boys are in the same boat today. :rolleyes:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Bring it on down to the lagoon Ravan!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

You're the 4th person that said kitties Bg is high. I wonder if it's the time of year? o_O

5. JoyBee&Ravan

Something is not right. He was in a lot of green for a time & he didn't bounce like this. It's been 3 weeks since he's had BG like this.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

He just bounced to 483 two days ago and 478 on 8/30.

He was in green numbers on 9/6, bounced yesterday, cleared last night and was back to green and bounced today. As long as you keep seeing green nadirs in the range they are in, I’d hold the dose.

There’s less blue and green for longer strings, yes, but he’s also getting less insulin. You might find that you will eventually have to take the dose back up but if he continues to clear the bounces each day and get to the 80s or less, I’d hold the dose.

When the depot is full enough to warrant a reduction, unless he is tightly regulated and has totally stopped bouncing, which he hasn’t, you are likely to see the bouncy numbers increase when you decrease the dose. The solution is that absolutely as soon as you see higher nadirs, don’t continue to hold the dose. Increase it.

Are you seeing something physically wrong with him or just don’t like his BG?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

We are in the same boat today

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wrong way Ravan!

9. JoyBee&Ravan

@Marje and Gracie

When his BG goes high he sleeps most of the time.He's not eating as much but still doing OK in that dept.
    He was in Green for quite a while which had me dan'cin around HAPPY!
    I'm sure my emotions affect him but although I try it still gets me upset when his Bg goes High!
    To be Honest I was hoping he might still go into remission! So when I see the High Bg I get really depressed!

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Green gets addictive and none of us like to see our kitties bouncing back up into higher numbers but it’s important to understand that he has less insulin on board and he’s still very bouncy.

Everyone always sets their sights on remission but it’s really important to focus, first, on kitty getting well regulated because, if he isn’t, he won’t go into remission. Having said that, I’ve seen cats that wee super bouncy for over two years suddenly snap and race down the dosing scale to remission....where they’ve stayed.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

There is still HOPE!!

Thank you for your advice & time It is very much appreciated! :) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  12. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Hang in there! You’re doing a great job taking care of Ravan!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  13. JoyBee&Ravan

He went from 414pmps to 73 +5 & 54 +6 I just never know what to expect!

14. JoyBee&Ravan

At least your kitty doesn't bounce in the red! I thought by now my Ravan would would be in yellow & pink NOT that horrible RED! :(