9/9 Gordy AMPS 296, +4=208, +7=49/6, +8.25=50, +9=68, +10.25=99 | PMPS 119

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Sep 9, 2018.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-8-gordy-amps-411-pmps-282-3-308.202792/

Gordy is fully back to normal it seems. Maybe he'll show me greens today.

Rex on the other hand.... very nauseous. Full classic signs: swallowing, lip licking, gagging, interest in food but not eating. I don't know what else to do for her. I have cypro and one dose of mirtz (other than the cerenia). Would it worth giving her one of those? She licked some gravy for me a bit ago. I am hoping it passes soon.... I really don't want to bring another cat back to the vet.

Raptor is fine. Annoying, but fine.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If she nauseous the choir and mirtz isn't going to help. The cerenia will as it's for nausea but you will need more. It's not a one time fix. It might take a few days of using it. If possible get a supply to have at home so you can give it as soon as you see signs of nausea.

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

I have a small supply, but i only have 2 pills left. I gave her some twice yesterday (split the dose), so don't know when I can give her more. =(

No vet will prescribe me more without an appointment .... which I dont have time for unfortunately.

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

+7=49/61

Well well well.

Rex is showing interest in food now, but not keeping it down. Ive only really given her tiny amounts and she mainly licks the broth.

I have sucralfate that a vet previous prescribed for this issue. (I also have it for myself.) Does anyone think it'll help? I know it coats the stomach lining.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If you split the cerenia dose you could give 12 hrs later as cerenia is usually given every 24 hrs. Should you run out of it you could try pepcid, I don't know how well it works though.

If the vet knows it's something a pet needs I don't understand the ones who withhold necessary meds by insisting on a visit before the give it. I guess they want the money. Anyhow, maybe they will write a script with many refills if it's something that is continuously needed, mine does that, he does try to make things convenient and keep costs down for the pet owners.

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

I have some pepcid and i tried it yesterday (she has had gas issues in the past)... and that's when the true nausea set in. I'll give it an hour (since she gagged up food not too long ago) and see if she wants more broth and maybe give more cerenia.

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

+8.25=50

And that's with some MC on board! I gave him a little more.

Rex ate a small amount of a FF broth pack. Ill wait to see if she holds it down before offering her some more. *fingers crossed*

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 119

Ok cycle for Gordy today.

Rex ended up eating an entire pouch of the FF Broth earlier, over the course of a few hours. She is still gagging (loudly) but not throwing up... she ate some of her dinner.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice cycle for Gordy!

So sorry about Rex. It seems like what ever Gordy and she got is short lived. I hope the cerenia that you have will be enough.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see green for Gordy today. I hope Rex feels better soon. Sending prayers.