9/9 Izzy amps 150, pmps 126

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Janet and Izzy (GA), Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Janet and Izzy (GA) Member

2. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/9 Izzy amps 150

You know you posted this on health right?

Nice to see you though. Any reason you arent going to 1.75? Not seeing many greens..

Wendy

3. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Izzy seems off this evening. She was hungry but seemed to have some trouble sitting up to get off the bed. I picked her up, placed her on the floor and put the food next her and she ate really well. probably 1/3 of the dish. She used the litter box today as I had to swap out the pee pads. She either pees on them or goes in the box and hangs over.

So, even as I was writing the sentence above. Her royal highness, promptly gets up, waddles over to the pee pad. Pees and waddles back over to the spot where I give her shot.

So maybe it's my imagination?

Wendy...I haven't bumped her up to 1.75, simply because I am not comfortable with that. I can't place my finger on the why of that...but I want to give her a few more days on this dose. then I will bump her up.

What numbers are healing numbers...only in the green?

4. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

When did you last test for ketones? Keep an eye on her and if she keeps acting weird for more than a day or two then time for the vet.

Normal cat numbers are 50-130 but anything blue or green has to be good.. It seems once they stay blue green they have a better chance of remission at that point.

Don't worry about 1.75... As long as you test, and have syrup handy, and come here with questions, you should be able to handle it.

Wendy

5. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Janet, you may be picking up some subtle clues from Izzy, that are telling you not to increase the dose just yet. "Know thy cat", and you know Izzy better than we do. Listen to your gut, and we'll see how Izzy does.

Is there a reason you are posting in Health instead of Lantus TR like you usually do? Just curious. You know you are always welcome here.

6. Janet and Izzy (GA)

hahaha..I'm a dork. No I had no idea I was in health. DOH! :oops:

She is Neg for ketone as of a couple hours ago.

I hate to bump her up in dose when I am not home from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm. If she goes low during the day there is no one to test her and watch her.

It's getting hot thes next few days. I wonder if the air conditioner messes with her sinuses. She seem stuffy today.

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

You did it before early August - lots of blues and greens then... how did you handle it then?

It looks like at that point the dose reduction failed and you need to make up some ground now to get her back there. Those numbers were great - next time if it fails (no greens for 3-5days) you could try an in between dose ie fatten.

With all the blues and greens she could go into remission eventually.

Wendy

8. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Don't worry about posting here in Health. We thought you might have wanted more opinions, so were posting over here. Bet the people in Lantus TR were wondering where you were. ;-)

You were probably really tired, with all the care and attention you have been showering on Izzy, you are shorting yourself on sleep.

Remember, we take care of the bean to, so hope you get a good night's sleep soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.