9/9 Nelli AMPS 261 +2 119 +5 138 +8 191

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Krystina & Nelli

Nelli was very hungry at 6:00 and noticably weaker than yesterday. She wasn't due for shot until 7:15.
    I fed her a couple+ tablespoons of Rad Cat chicken (no carb) at 6:30.
    Tested, shot and, fed at 7:30.
    Tested +2 and she dropped from 261 to 119. I'm concerned and confused. Will someone please help me?

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

119 is a safe number, I would just watch her and maybe test again at +3 to see where she’s at, mine dives too, he did it last night but we stayed safe

Leah likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

What test meter do u use?

5. Krystina & Nelli

I use ReliOn

6. Krystina & Nelli

I fed Nelli again after +2 (9:14a EDT) so now it’s my understanding at minimum I need to wait 2 hours...
    Wish I could have gotten a +3.
    She is also noticeably weaker today :-|
    I had gotten her way off schedule, she’s fragil and I am not happy with what I’ve possibly done to cause this.

7. Bellasmom

Krystina, we all do the best we can for our kitties, don’t be hard on yourself, you only did it 15 min late, so tonight just get back on schedule, we have all done it, a couple weeks ago I got bellas shot ready and I forgot to give it, I was 2 hrs late! So we have all done it, that 119 is a great number and in no danger, yes I would have got a +3 to see, but it’s not a big deal as she was,not in danger, your doing a great job:bighug:

8. Leah

Leah Member

You don't need to wait 2 hours after feeding for any mid-cycle test!

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

No, the wait 2 hours is for pre shots so the number is not food influenced . That was a big drop so she is likely to bounce tonight from a fast drop like that, but maybe not......

Leah likes this.
  10. Krystina & Nelli

Bobbie, thanks for checking in on us.
    I had fed her again after +2 because she had (seemingly) dropped so far. “Seemingly” questioning whether the AMPS was a bit high because I had fed her a couple+ tablespoons of raw 45 minutes before AMPS
    I feel like I am really screwing things up for her- ALL began night of NS then next AMPS was 8:15a.
    She gets up between 5:30 & 6:30 every morning. 99% of time ants eats at 6.
    I am trying to get her back on this schedule... am shaving a bit more than 30 minutes off each day. Wonder if I am doing harm not good?
    I’ve been good to record “times” in SS lately which I will continue to do even when we get back on track. It helps me a lot.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Reason for edit: Clarification
  11. Leah

Leah Member

I will say that my cat went through a very low energy period since starting on insulin, interspersed with 'normal' days. Sometimes normal hours, instead.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  12. Krystina & Nelli

Sounds like Nelli.

13. Krystina & Nelli

Which one do you use?

Bellasmom likes this.
  14. Bellasmom

Relion

15. Krystina & Nelli

Bobbie, I don’t understand this... “wait 2 hours is for pre shots so the number is not food influenced”- if, for PS (test) why not any test? Why would a “+” test not be food influenced? This is (my) logic mind, question :cool:
    Also, based upon all the blue so far today... is she still reading a bounce night and to you?
    I wish I could read this on my own. Might very well be my need for support; unconscious lack of ‘should be working harder at understanding. I know this is bothering/irritating (at least) one other supportive and interested n Nelli... member :blackeye:

16. Bobbie And Bubba

I don't think so. If you look at her SS, she doesn't get any real food bumps at +2. The times she is bumped up appreciably higher at 2's on the SS are times she is starting a bounce.

I think she dropped at +2 today because the 5 unit depot is finally full and starting to bring her into better numbers.

The lethargy could be because she is getting into better numbers and her body was used to be in higher numbers which became her normal. We want to get her into real normal numbers and soon they will be her new norm. When Bubba first starting getting into green numbers, I noticed he seem more sleepy and not as active. But, that changed after his body got used to being in the numbers he should be in.

Stop beating yourself up. You are doing the best you can and that is all anyone can for. You learned to test, you found a forum that could help you help her and I know you have lost sleep, time and $$. Take a bow and say " Krystina, you are awesome! "

Leah likes this.
  17. Bobbie And Bubba

That is a good question! Here is why, pre shots are 12 hours after the previous insulin shot and the insulin usually is spent by then. All the other test you get during the cycle are close to a new insulin shot and you aren't making a decision about whether to shot insulin based on those numbers. Make sense?

18. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks. I am not doing the best I can. I believe the AMPS and the +2 could have been better understood by me and subsequently have helped Nelli show best if I had gott more mid cycle test last night.
    What would you test tonight, if Nelli was your little buddy?
    Thanks again for your (always encouraging) words.

19. Krystina & Nelli

Sorta. I will absorb... o_O

20. Krystina & Nelli

BTW, I am a one peck- s.L.o.W typist.
    When I do talk to text, too ften I don’t check before sending and words type out... weird

Leah likes this.
  21. Bobbie And Bubba

I think she was yellow and flat last night and would not have shown you too much different.

It takes a while to see a pattern emerge from your kitty. She has only been on insulin for a little over 2 months. It can take 4-6 months to see how a particular insulin is doing for them.

22. Leah

Leah Member

You're doing great, really

At night i strive for either a +3, or a +2 and +4 (if i'm going to be up late)

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  23. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Bobbie. Tearful but good tears I think. I just Nelli to get regular, loose the neuropathy and, feel better.
    I really appreciate your kind and always positive words. I appreciate you.
    I’ll get a +2, a +4 and, a +10 tonight?

Bobbie And Bubba and Leah like this.
  24. Krystina & Nelli

Nelli started insulin on June 21, 2018.

25. Bobbie And Bubba

Depending on the +4 if she is higher than the PMPS and you need sleep, I would sleep. If you happen to get up at 10 +11 then grab a test as that will let you know at AMPS whether she is on the rise of if it's a falling number. All data is good data.

Krystina & Nelli and Leah like this.