9-Jan: Tyler &M: AMPS=326: +2=286: +3=196: +5.5=205: PMPS=328: +1=351 : +2=266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Nice short quake shake to rattle the laptop and me this morning.

At AMPS and also +3 fed small meals.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

:eek: not a fan of quakes!

I was laughing so hard at us misfits and your cars and alka seltzer post that Myagi got fed up and went to sleep in the peace of the closet. :p i may get it now, but am not sure it's easily ascertained without understanding every nuance of your kitty's cycle (unless it's dramatic). We shall try. @Juliet

3. PussCatPrince - GA

We certainly shall. Some may call us trying . We shall prevail :p @Juliet

I believe I get it at the moment. There again my duration to absorb is a bit rubbish so I have stored in a depot.

Ty got fed up of waiting for me and wee'd in the shower room without his tray being down.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Eep! What does Ty think of the quakes?

Not prone to them where I live, but we had one once (really a tiny rumble, but enough to get your attention if you don’t often experience them) and civvie Toki freaked out, I tried to swoop her up to get to a safer part of the house but she bolted! The same quake they reported animals at the National Zoo were behaving odd many hours before the quake...they knew something was up!

5. PussCatPrince - GA

Ty these days is philosophical. He isn't going anywhere quickly anytime soon. He may paw a little or come and find me maybe but that is it. For me , my flight or fight is in perfect order. I hate them all. Particularly since Christchurch and Kaikoura. For Dusty , she will take off.

Anyway. His numbers are not as good as they have been before . Was the reduce a wrong reduce from wrong circumstances.? He has been on the 1.25 for a long time it seems.

Please note. Trying to stay up to get PMPS results to populate info for when he 'onsets' and maybe even when he 'nadirs' if I can.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You’re welcome and I appreciate your patience. I’ve been a little distracted here taking care of DH and I wanted to have some time when it was quiet and I could focus on Ty’s SS and your questions.

I don’t actually see that his nadir is that much different in his AMPS and PMPS cycles. You have less tests at night to show where his nadir might be (not a criticism...just an observation). Just looking a 1/6 and 1/8, he could have easily nadired later than it appears. From what I can see from the data, it looks like he’s nadiring around +4/+5 a.m. and p.m.

Did the discussion in Silver’s condo yesterday help you with duration? Let me know if you have other questions about that after that discussion.

Correct...onset is when the insulin starts to work after the shot. Yes....many Lantus cats onset around +2 and that’s a good starting point to see if that’s when he is onsetting.

1 - As long as he is eating a LC canned or raw food, you can do TR. If you are feeding any dry, SLGS is your method. Using TR and feeding a 10-12% diet is fine; in fact, many diabetic cats do much better with carbs in the range of 8-10% which is LC. Most use MC/HC for controlling low numbers but some cats are so carb sensitive that LC works for them. ECID.

2 - Every three hours is only when you first start giving insulin (the first week). After that, random spot checks are the best. Learn the data and use it to determine when you need to test. Think of the SS as a puzzle; you fill in different cells so you can see the picture. You can easily do TR and work. You don’t need to change your shot times. You can work this around your schedule.

3 - That’s what you have us for! But....what it all boils down to is your comfort level and that’s what you need to go with.

4 - Have you checked with Girlie’s Mom or @Bron and Sheba? I was certain they used BD half unit syringes. However, if you can’t find half-unit syringes but can find BD syringes, you can use the insulin ruler and then it becomes so much simpler. The instructions are found on page 255 in Management of Diabetic Cats with Long-Acting Insulin.

5 - Pain management is important in the BG. I hope you can get the support you need from your vet for Ty.

6 - TR allows you to increase sooner when the dose is obviously not working; however, with any method, you need to know how low the dose is getting Ty before you increase. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

We are always happy to help! Feel free to tag me or any other experienced members when you have questions that you have asked but don’t feel you are getting the answers to. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.