9 Lives Mixed Grill Pate Problem

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HereKittyKittyKitty, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

In addition to the 9 Lives Turkey and Giblets pate issue I posted in another discussion (cat refused to eat any from the new case), yesterday I was out of 9 Lives chicken pate and so was the local Family Dollar, so I got some 9 Lives Mixed Grill pate from the Family Dollar until I could find some 9 Lives chicken pate...

... bad, bad move. My cat got sick on the 9 Lives Mixed Grill. As in sick all over the house :arghh:

Fortunately, I was able to get some 9 Lives chicken pate and beef pate. so all is good now :joyful:

I just wish I could get the 9 Lives beef pate in 5.5 oz cans like all the other pates... $1 a can, even though it's bigger, is messing with the budget... but the cat likes it, so while we're temporarily not able to get anything delivered due to moving, I give it every few days... all chicken can get boring, even to a cat :rolleyes:

2. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

And yet another problem with 9 Lives. This time with Chicken Pate purchased from a Family Dollar: MOLD :banghead: :arghh: :eek: :( :mad:
    No more 9 Lives.
    No more cat food from Family Dollar/similar.

I ended up busting the budget getting 12 Fancy Feast pates (6 different flavors to see if/what the cat liked). He liked the first one I gave him. Unfortunately, he's going to go through 4 of those ridiculously itsy bitsy teeny weenie oh-so-pricy cute li'l cans every day :arghh:

This is the text of the email I sent to 9 Lives (Big Heart) via their website form:

Not sure if production code is correct.

I hope you answer this complaint, unlike the previous one I sent you about another of your products (Turkey and Giblets Pate).

I purchased 5 Chicken Meaty Pates at the [removed] Family Dollar store in [removed] on 08-28-2018 and fed one to my cat last night. As of this morning, he had not finished the can and was complaining about the food that was remaining. I opened another can and discovered it was MOLDY. I opened another can and found it was MOLDY, too. There was no damage/denting to any of the cans/pull tops. This is absolutely unacceptable, disgusting, and a hazard to my beloved cat. This food needs to be recalled immediately to prevent sickness/death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.