A (good) update on Quintus

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steph & Quintus & L & O, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/02-02-quintus-turns-17-ambg-113.190565/

Months have flown by! Quintus is still happy in his low AT2 blues, and leading a good old man's life. There are ups and downs, and we did a checkup end March (labs in SS). I thought he was slowly regressing: a bit less active, a bit less purring, a little more hunched up when resting. The vets and I had lots of long discussions, and the first thing I decided to do was start a k-laser treatment for his arthritis. It's non-invasive, the vet is 2 minutes away, Quintus isn't stressed there. It definitely helped.

Given his Spec fPLi numbers were through the roof again, although he has "no" symptoms (eats well, no puking, digestion fine, doesn't seem in huge pain), and also given my observations, we decided to "bet" that he was having gallbladder issues again. He had an antibiotic treatment plus another med to help, and fingers crossed, but it definitely seems to have done something.

Diabetes-wise, nothing much to say, which is good! I test him a couple of times a week, he's in between 6mmol/l and 8mmol/l (108-144) which is the high end of "normal".

When I got the diabetes diagnosis I never even dreamed that remission could be possible. Guess who proved me wrong!

He remains an old cat with a pile of ailments, and I'm thankful for every extra month we get :)

Thanks to all the people here, too, who helped us along that crazy month of December 2017. It was rough, and I wouldn't have made it without you all!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: added photo of Quintus on the balcony yesterday
  2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he is doing well, all things considered. It’s nice that you were able to take one ailment off the list with the diabetes and hopefully the arthritis will settle with the laser treatments. Hope his gallbladder calms down next, sounds like your vet is on top of things and that must be a relief in itself! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Congrats to you both. Great update!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good news, hope Quintus enjoys his day.

5. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Quintus is doing well overall. I hope the treatments help his arthritis and gallbladder. Sending prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.