A tip for newbies for glucose testing, use grooming bag

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lily Phoenix, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix New Member

Wanted to mention that I've long used a grooming/restraint bag for my Mamacita as she never used to cooperate with anything at all like nail trimming or pilling and wrapping her in a towel didn't work either. Over time with this bag, she now relaxes and lies down on the floor the instant I wrap the velcro collar around her neck. These bags actually make them feel secure and quiet and should not be too loose on them. For my 10-pound cat I use a large. So, while I don't need to restrain her at all to give insulin shots, for these prolonged practice session for blood draws, I've put her in the Klaw Kontrol bag and then I don't have to worry about at all about her moving or bolting, plus it calms her. Putting it on slowly and reassuringly, fastening the collar first, is the key. They didn't seem to have the Klaw Kontrol ones on Amazon today but here's a link to one that seems the same (click it for different sizes). I have two of these and they are the best things I ever bought for my cats. https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Grooming...fkmr0&keywords=klaw control cat restraint bag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.