?? About RX Bladder Cat Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becky56, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky56

Becky56 Member

Our vet has Judah on Hill's Bladder health canned food. He says he will always need to be on it.

I can live with that, however, Judah doesn't care for it and is not eating it good. I hate to waste it- just bought 48 cans yesterday for a whopping $78!! He eats 2 cans a day, or at least he was until he decided he no longer likes it!

I've tried reading around about any other foods he can eat..it is all running together in my head, it's confusing.

I would love to have him on the Friskies Classic Pate like the other 5 are on. Bobbie' s diabetes is diet controlled on it, and with his predispostion toward high sugar, I know it is good for Judah also.

But this UTI has been so hard to shake, when he gets well, I don't want to do anything to je0pardize that!

Can anyone give me some advice on what to feed him, or tell me if the friskies will be ok for him? I tried reading the label, but really didn't see the info I needed on it.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Read here: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=urinarytracthealth and see what you think about Dr Pierson's recommendations.

My friend Mike is now learning about the importance of feeding canned food - his Henry just had 5 bladder stones removed!

Sometimes, you can mix something more palatable into the prescription canned food to perk up the flavor. Or be daring and go with soupy, low phosphorus canned.

3. Becky56

Becky56 Member

Thanks- I m going to read those and try to digest it all!

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

my punkin used to have at least 1 bladder infection every year. he was on the prescription dry "easy on your bladder" food and while maybe he got them less often, he still got them.

we've had him on the canned low carb (pate) style of fancy feast since we got here in february and he hasn't had a single one since. i add water to the canned food - probably half as much water as food all smushed together.

i would go with canned food, mix water with it, and get rid of the prescription if he doesn't like it.

also, your vet should take back the cans you haven't used and refund you for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.