acromegaly sticky and updating it?!

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Patti and Merlin, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

In light of losing Willi and so many of our precious other Acrocats again this year - it's again been a stimulus to keep our acromegaly sticky up to date sooo..

It's a new year and I am eager to get started on again updating the acro sticky with new info and anything else we think might be important to be on this.

One thing Carolynn has found is that the tinyurl no longer works for one of our articles. I researched this yesterday! ugh - this article can only be bought - and yup I did it - for 24 hours only! I don't understand quite why but it's still a very interesting article. I'm giving a link here but it's only good till about 8pm pst tonite
    The first link is just the abstract and the second is the full pdf article:
    If you need a password at all let me know as it's my email address which many of you have and the password is Merlin16. No big deal to know any of this. It costs nothing to sign up on this website. And I've searched on this site and there are many more articles on acro i want to start reading.
    http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 1/abstract
    http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi- ... 1/PDFSTART

However, here's my question - I don't know how to fix this link AND I don't remember who first found this abstract and how we first got the link. Could someone help me with that?

We've talked about putting some info in about the new drug research that Dr Lunn is trying to do and I still want to put some things in from Megan our very own human acromegaly friend here who gives so much to us and helps us to understand what our cats must be feeling too. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to do all this.

Please what else would people like to see?

Also Vanassa (and China) and i were talking - and I know this is farther down the road seeing this is JUST January - but how would everyone feel about having a calender just with acrocats for next year? There are soooo many of us and Vanassa has said she is willing to put it together. Her and I would work together. We even thought somehow we could donate some money to further acro research somehow.

Well as usual I talked too much - please please give me all your input!

As always I feel so lucky to have all of you in my life
    xxx
    Patti and always in my heart - Merlin

2. sanrun

sanrun Member

I think a calander with Acro kitties would be wonderful. I work at a print shop, so if I could do them. My boss is pretty good about letting us do donation things, I've done some other things and he didn't charge me. We do have to pay for color copier "clicks" so it he might want us to pay for that. I guess it depends on how many we do. Let me know, if someone else can do them cheaper or really wants to do them that's fine.

Sandy Dottie & Skippy

Cecil, Jessie & Stubby (My kittie angels)

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hi Patti,
    Maybe the article could be copied into a Word document and then posted on FDMB. Maybe that is what was done earlier since you can only buy access to it for 24 hours? Do you need someone to try copying it and then posting it?

-Carolyn

4. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Thanks everyone.

I did copy the article onto my computer! :D Just wasn't sure about the copyright thing so I did write to the journal itself just now.

Also here is another article I thought we had but we don't. I thought it was really good:
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... rticle.pdf
    See what you think. Sorry I don't know how to do tiny url's.

Also - Carolynn and I were talking - how about a "second" sticky - just for us - written up about all the stereotactic treatment. Heather, Wendi, Joan, Sandy - all of you who had anything to do with this. I am writing to Rebecca AGAIN about the catacro to get this into the education part over there but it would be great to get it all in one spot.

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

6. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

No, it means loud hard/harsh breathing, as if the kitty is asthmatic. :)

7. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Thanks for all you do to try to keep the information up to date and easy to find, Patti. (And you don't talk too much!!)

A calendar is a nice idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.