? Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sara and Mr. Kitty, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Hello everyone! I posted my question in the main forum also:

Mr. Kitty is making progress and is somewhat back to his normal self again. We have him on .25U/Vetsulin and his PMPS was the lowest ever - do you think I should give him his .25U tonight? I don’t want to mess him up by skipping, but I don’t want him to go hypo while I’m sleeping - which I haven’t got much of since his diagnosis. We are going to a new vet tomorrow. Thank you for your continued support!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It seems that you haven't tested out 0.5 u because of those lime greens. It might be worth a try if you can monitor. If you're not comfortable with that I'd suggested keeping the 0.25 u dose as long as PS is at least in the low-middle 100s. If he still gets any kibble that can contribute to more ups and downs. He's doing very well but you want to ease him into being diet controlled.

3. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

He’s been off kibble for 2 days now....yay! Amps was 129 this morning, and unfortunately I am not able to monitor him today, so I skipped his dose. That’s probably not the best idea but I don’t feel comfortable shooting and leaving all day because the vetsulin drops him so low so fast - I’m hoping to discuss a longer acting insulin today at his appointment. My nerves are shot at this point. Thank you for your advice and support:cat:

Kris & Teasel likes this.