Advice?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jill & Jade, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

1. Last night Jades pmps was 120 and I decided not to shoot. She stayed in a good range. I typically shoot at 11 and 11. This morning I tested, fed and shot around 10:20. All was good. I didn’t go to work today and around 3:00 decided to test. It was 87!! I panicked and gave her several Greenies and some food with gravy... see her SS for results. My question is, do I trust her pmps #? Or is it from treats and gravy? Not an organic #? And I don’t know why she dropped so low?
      Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also, I wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t been home?? I’m sick just thinking about that!
      As always, thank you for your time!
      Jill & Jade

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Copied from PM's

We aren't allowed to give advice in private, so you need to post your questions on the message board (I actually agree with this rule because nobody can know everything....by keeping things public, if someone does give you bad advice, others can correct it)

That being said, 87 is a perfectly safe number. There was no need to panic and feed anything high carb.

The "take action" number with the AlphaTrak is under 68

The point where you take a reduction differs depending on which protocol you're using.....Tight Regulation or Start Low, Go Slow

I'd plan on testing about 30 minutes before shot time (so about 9:50)….that gives you some time to get some advice about tonight's shot before it's time to give it

It's been 12 hours......have you got a PMPS yet?

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. Jill & Jade

going to right now... be right back...

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  4. Jill & Jade

323...good to feed and shoot??

5. Chris & China (GA)

Yes

6. Jill & Jade

Thank you!!!!!

7. Chris & China (GA)

You might want to seriously start reading the different protocols too so you can make a decision whether you want to follow Tight Regulation or Start Low, Go Slow.

I know TR sounds scary, especially if you work full time, but we've had lots of people do it. So many that we have a thread about "Is TR possible with a full time job?"

There's no law that says you have to though....If Start Low, Go Slow is more your speed, that's fine too!!

You can always change from one to the other too!

Now's the time to ask questions too if you have questions about the different protocols! Once you decide which one you want to start with, you can add that to your signature so we'll know what kind of advice to give you

Amanda & Shmee and Jill & Jade like this.
  8. Jill & Jade

Any idea why she would drop from 265 to 87 in just 3 and a half hours?

9. Jill & Jade

And I posted again in the proper forum....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.